Apr 16, 2012, 6:04 PM EDT
Busy day at NHL discipline headquarters, huh?
In one of the many rulings issued on Monday, league discipline czar Brendan Shanahan announced Penguins coach Dan Bylsma has been fined $10,000 and forward Craig Adams suspended one game for actions in the final five minutes of Sunday’s brouhaha against Philadelphia.
Adams instigated a fight with Flyers forward Scott Hartnell at the 15:18 mark of the third period, a direct violation of rule 46.12 — Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time. Both the suspension and fine were automatically charged upon the rule being broken (and penalty being upheld.)
Here’s the incident in question, FF to 2:45 for the Adams-Hartnell fight.
The loss of Adams could be the first of many for Pittsburgh. Winger James Neal has two disciplinary hearings with Shanahan on Tuesday while Arron Asham has one for his crosscheck on Brayden Schenn. It’s possible that all three could be out of the lineup on Wednesday when the Penguins try to stave off elimination in Game 4 at the Wells Fargo Center.
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 0
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 6
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)