Apr 16, 2012, 6:04 PM EDT
Busy day at NHL discipline headquarters, huh?
In one of the many rulings issued on Monday, league discipline czar Brendan Shanahan announced Penguins coach Dan Bylsma has been fined $10,000 and forward Craig Adams suspended one game for actions in the final five minutes of Sunday’s brouhaha against Philadelphia.
Adams instigated a fight with Flyers forward Scott Hartnell at the 15:18 mark of the third period, a direct violation of rule 46.12 — Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time. Both the suspension and fine were automatically charged upon the rule being broken (and penalty being upheld.)
Here’s the incident in question, FF to 2:45 for the Adams-Hartnell fight.
The loss of Adams could be the first of many for Pittsburgh. Winger James Neal has two disciplinary hearings with Shanahan on Tuesday while Arron Asham has one for his crosscheck on Brayden Schenn. It’s possible that all three could be out of the lineup on Wednesday when the Penguins try to stave off elimination in Game 4 at the Wells Fargo Center.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 9
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)