Apr 16, 2012, 6:04 PM EST
Busy day at NHL discipline headquarters, huh?
In one of the many rulings issued on Monday, league discipline czar Brendan Shanahan announced Penguins coach Dan Bylsma has been fined $10,000 and forward Craig Adams suspended one game for actions in the final five minutes of Sunday’s brouhaha against Philadelphia.
Adams instigated a fight with Flyers forward Scott Hartnell at the 15:18 mark of the third period, a direct violation of rule 46.12 — Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time. Both the suspension and fine were automatically charged upon the rule being broken (and penalty being upheld.)
Here’s the incident in question, FF to 2:45 for the Adams-Hartnell fight.
The loss of Adams could be the first of many for Pittsburgh. Winger James Neal has two disciplinary hearings with Shanahan on Tuesday while Arron Asham has one for his crosscheck on Brayden Schenn. It’s possible that all three could be out of the lineup on Wednesday when the Penguins try to stave off elimination in Game 4 at the Wells Fargo Center.
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 18
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 14
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 10
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 15
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 14
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 39
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 24
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 46
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 34
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)