Apr 16, 2012, 6:04 PM EDT
Busy day at NHL discipline headquarters, huh?
In one of the many rulings issued on Monday, league discipline czar Brendan Shanahan announced Penguins coach Dan Bylsma has been fined $10,000 and forward Craig Adams suspended one game for actions in the final five minutes of Sunday’s brouhaha against Philadelphia.
Adams instigated a fight with Flyers forward Scott Hartnell at the 15:18 mark of the third period, a direct violation of rule 46.12 — Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time. Both the suspension and fine were automatically charged upon the rule being broken (and penalty being upheld.)
Here’s the incident in question, FF to 2:45 for the Adams-Hartnell fight.
The loss of Adams could be the first of many for Pittsburgh. Winger James Neal has two disciplinary hearings with Shanahan on Tuesday while Arron Asham has one for his crosscheck on Brayden Schenn. It’s possible that all three could be out of the lineup on Wednesday when the Penguins try to stave off elimination in Game 4 at the Wells Fargo Center.
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 4
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 9
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 31
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)