Apr 16, 2012, 8:28 AM EDT
Seeing the Vancouver Canucks get shut out 1-0 by the L.A. Kings in Game 3 to go down 3-0 in their first round series is stunning. After all, they’re the Presidents’ Trophy winners and made it to the Stanley Cup finals last season.
With their backs fully against the wall now it’d be easy to not expect much from the Canucks from here on out. After all, the Kings have four more games to win one and end the series. Don’t tell that to Henrik Sedin though.
Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province finds out from Henrik he feels they’ve got the Kings right where they want them.
“We worked their D. They are starting to get tired. We are really working them hard in their end. It’s going to turn around.”
The Canucks are going to have to do what the Philadelphia Flyers did to Boston back in 2010 and come all the way back from down 3-0 if they want to make the second round and with how locked in Jonathan Quick has been, it’s hard to see that happening. At least Henrik believes in his team.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 36
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)