Apr 16, 2012, 8:28 AM EST
Seeing the Vancouver Canucks get shut out 1-0 by the L.A. Kings in Game 3 to go down 3-0 in their first round series is stunning. After all, they’re the Presidents’ Trophy winners and made it to the Stanley Cup finals last season.
With their backs fully against the wall now it’d be easy to not expect much from the Canucks from here on out. After all, the Kings have four more games to win one and end the series. Don’t tell that to Henrik Sedin though.
Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province finds out from Henrik he feels they’ve got the Kings right where they want them.
“We worked their D. They are starting to get tired. We are really working them hard in their end. It’s going to turn around.”
The Canucks are going to have to do what the Philadelphia Flyers did to Boston back in 2010 and come all the way back from down 3-0 if they want to make the second round and with how locked in Jonathan Quick has been, it’s hard to see that happening. At least Henrik believes in his team.
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 1
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)