Apr 16, 2012, 8:28 AM EST
Seeing the Vancouver Canucks get shut out 1-0 by the L.A. Kings in Game 3 to go down 3-0 in their first round series is stunning. After all, they’re the Presidents’ Trophy winners and made it to the Stanley Cup finals last season.
With their backs fully against the wall now it’d be easy to not expect much from the Canucks from here on out. After all, the Kings have four more games to win one and end the series. Don’t tell that to Henrik Sedin though.
Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province finds out from Henrik he feels they’ve got the Kings right where they want them.
“We worked their D. They are starting to get tired. We are really working them hard in their end. It’s going to turn around.”
The Canucks are going to have to do what the Philadelphia Flyers did to Boston back in 2010 and come all the way back from down 3-0 if they want to make the second round and with how locked in Jonathan Quick has been, it’s hard to see that happening. At least Henrik believes in his team.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 9
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 14
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)