Apr 16, 2012, 1:52 AM EDT
Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown absolutely clobbered Vancouver Canucks star Henrik Sedin tonight with a check that was more than a little bit derisive. The majority of the people in the “dirty” camp believe that Brown delivered a late hit. Plenty of people gave the check a thumbs up, however, and Henrik Sedin apparently is in that group, according to Jason Botchford.
Sedin was able to return to the game after missing a surprisingly limited amount of time. He seemed to have a nice impact on the contest, although Brown ended up getting the last laugh with the game’s only tally.
Vancouver didn’t win on Sunday and there will be plenty of people who are disappointed that the Canucks are down 3-0 after winning the Presidents’ Trophy for a second consecutive season, yet it’s likely that their captain silenced talk of “softness” for a long time to come.
Take one more look at that whopping check and decide if you agree with Sedin’s assessment:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5