Apr 16, 2012, 1:52 AM EDT
Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown absolutely clobbered Vancouver Canucks star Henrik Sedin tonight with a check that was more than a little bit derisive. The majority of the people in the “dirty” camp believe that Brown delivered a late hit. Plenty of people gave the check a thumbs up, however, and Henrik Sedin apparently is in that group, according to Jason Botchford.
Sedin was able to return to the game after missing a surprisingly limited amount of time. He seemed to have a nice impact on the contest, although Brown ended up getting the last laugh with the game’s only tally.
Vancouver didn’t win on Sunday and there will be plenty of people who are disappointed that the Canucks are down 3-0 after winning the Presidents’ Trophy for a second consecutive season, yet it’s likely that their captain silenced talk of “softness” for a long time to come.
Take one more look at that whopping check and decide if you agree with Sedin’s assessment:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 0
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 1
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (67)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)