Apr 16, 2012, 1:52 AM EST
Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown absolutely clobbered Vancouver Canucks star Henrik Sedin tonight with a check that was more than a little bit derisive. The majority of the people in the “dirty” camp believe that Brown delivered a late hit. Plenty of people gave the check a thumbs up, however, and Henrik Sedin apparently is in that group, according to Jason Botchford.
Sedin was able to return to the game after missing a surprisingly limited amount of time. He seemed to have a nice impact on the contest, although Brown ended up getting the last laugh with the game’s only tally.
Vancouver didn’t win on Sunday and there will be plenty of people who are disappointed that the Canucks are down 3-0 after winning the Presidents’ Trophy for a second consecutive season, yet it’s likely that their captain silenced talk of “softness” for a long time to come.
Take one more look at that whopping check and decide if you agree with Sedin’s assessment:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (144)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)