Apr 16, 2012, 1:52 AM EST
Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown absolutely clobbered Vancouver Canucks star Henrik Sedin tonight with a check that was more than a little bit derisive. The majority of the people in the “dirty” camp believe that Brown delivered a late hit. Plenty of people gave the check a thumbs up, however, and Henrik Sedin apparently is in that group, according to Jason Botchford.
Sedin was able to return to the game after missing a surprisingly limited amount of time. He seemed to have a nice impact on the contest, although Brown ended up getting the last laugh with the game’s only tally.
Vancouver didn’t win on Sunday and there will be plenty of people who are disappointed that the Canucks are down 3-0 after winning the Presidents’ Trophy for a second consecutive season, yet it’s likely that their captain silenced talk of “softness” for a long time to come.
Take one more look at that whopping check and decide if you agree with Sedin’s assessment:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)