Apr 16, 2012, 1:52 AM EDT
Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown absolutely clobbered Vancouver Canucks star Henrik Sedin tonight with a check that was more than a little bit derisive. The majority of the people in the “dirty” camp believe that Brown delivered a late hit. Plenty of people gave the check a thumbs up, however, and Henrik Sedin apparently is in that group, according to Jason Botchford.
Sedin was able to return to the game after missing a surprisingly limited amount of time. He seemed to have a nice impact on the contest, although Brown ended up getting the last laugh with the game’s only tally.
Vancouver didn’t win on Sunday and there will be plenty of people who are disappointed that the Canucks are down 3-0 after winning the Presidents’ Trophy for a second consecutive season, yet it’s likely that their captain silenced talk of “softness” for a long time to come.
Take one more look at that whopping check and decide if you agree with Sedin’s assessment:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)