Apr 16, 2012, 1:16 AM EDT
It’s common to call the Los Angeles Kings “Philadelphia Flyers West,” but they’ve traveled to their 3-0 series lead in a wildly different way compared to their spiritual cousins. While the Flyers thrash the Penguins in increasingly bizarre games, the Kings eked out another zero-margin-of-error victory as Jonathan Quick out-dueled Cory Schneider in a 1-0 win.
Feel free to explore the studio space, but here are a few questions to ponder to start things off.
- Did Alain Vigneault make the right choice by switching from Roberto Luongo to Schneider? Scoring obviously has been a huge issue for the Canucks in recent playoff games, so what should AV do to turn things around?
- If you put together a goaltender power rankings, where would you rank Quick? Also, would you start him in front of Tim Thomas and Ryan Miller in the 2014 Olympics (assuming that the NHL participates, of course)?
- Much like Pittsburgh, the Canucks find themselves in a 3-0 hole. In a way, though, the two teams share their captains’ images; while Sidney Crosby has a little egg on his face, Henrik Sedin gained serious kudos for bouncing back from a huge hit by Dustin Brown. How much of a chance does Vancouver have to come back? Is it any better than the Penguins’ or is there no real difference to you?
- Considering his game-winning goal and thunderous check, those Dustin Brown trade rumors seem even sillier in hindsight, don’t they?
- Do you think the Kings have what it takes to make a deep run in the playoffs despite being the West’s eighth seed?
- Conversely, could a possible first round exit bring some huge, painful changes in Vancouver?
As a bonus, here’s video of Will Ferrell professing his puck love:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)