Apr 16, 2012, 1:16 AM EDT
It’s common to call the Los Angeles Kings “Philadelphia Flyers West,” but they’ve traveled to their 3-0 series lead in a wildly different way compared to their spiritual cousins. While the Flyers thrash the Penguins in increasingly bizarre games, the Kings eked out another zero-margin-of-error victory as Jonathan Quick out-dueled Cory Schneider in a 1-0 win.
Feel free to explore the studio space, but here are a few questions to ponder to start things off.
- Did Alain Vigneault make the right choice by switching from Roberto Luongo to Schneider? Scoring obviously has been a huge issue for the Canucks in recent playoff games, so what should AV do to turn things around?
- If you put together a goaltender power rankings, where would you rank Quick? Also, would you start him in front of Tim Thomas and Ryan Miller in the 2014 Olympics (assuming that the NHL participates, of course)?
- Much like Pittsburgh, the Canucks find themselves in a 3-0 hole. In a way, though, the two teams share their captains’ images; while Sidney Crosby has a little egg on his face, Henrik Sedin gained serious kudos for bouncing back from a huge hit by Dustin Brown. How much of a chance does Vancouver have to come back? Is it any better than the Penguins’ or is there no real difference to you?
- Considering his game-winning goal and thunderous check, those Dustin Brown trade rumors seem even sillier in hindsight, don’t they?
- Do you think the Kings have what it takes to make a deep run in the playoffs despite being the West’s eighth seed?
- Conversely, could a possible first round exit bring some huge, painful changes in Vancouver?
As a bonus, here’s video of Will Ferrell professing his puck love:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 24
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 28
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)