Apr 16, 2012, 1:16 AM EDT
It’s common to call the Los Angeles Kings “Philadelphia Flyers West,” but they’ve traveled to their 3-0 series lead in a wildly different way compared to their spiritual cousins. While the Flyers thrash the Penguins in increasingly bizarre games, the Kings eked out another zero-margin-of-error victory as Jonathan Quick out-dueled Cory Schneider in a 1-0 win.
Feel free to explore the studio space, but here are a few questions to ponder to start things off.
- Did Alain Vigneault make the right choice by switching from Roberto Luongo to Schneider? Scoring obviously has been a huge issue for the Canucks in recent playoff games, so what should AV do to turn things around?
- If you put together a goaltender power rankings, where would you rank Quick? Also, would you start him in front of Tim Thomas and Ryan Miller in the 2014 Olympics (assuming that the NHL participates, of course)?
- Much like Pittsburgh, the Canucks find themselves in a 3-0 hole. In a way, though, the two teams share their captains’ images; while Sidney Crosby has a little egg on his face, Henrik Sedin gained serious kudos for bouncing back from a huge hit by Dustin Brown. How much of a chance does Vancouver have to come back? Is it any better than the Penguins’ or is there no real difference to you?
- Considering his game-winning goal and thunderous check, those Dustin Brown trade rumors seem even sillier in hindsight, don’t they?
- Do you think the Kings have what it takes to make a deep run in the playoffs despite being the West’s eighth seed?
- Conversely, could a possible first round exit bring some huge, painful changes in Vancouver?
As a bonus, here’s video of Will Ferrell professing his puck love:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)