Apr 16, 2012, 1:16 AM EDT
It’s common to call the Los Angeles Kings “Philadelphia Flyers West,” but they’ve traveled to their 3-0 series lead in a wildly different way compared to their spiritual cousins. While the Flyers thrash the Penguins in increasingly bizarre games, the Kings eked out another zero-margin-of-error victory as Jonathan Quick out-dueled Cory Schneider in a 1-0 win.
Feel free to explore the studio space, but here are a few questions to ponder to start things off.
- Did Alain Vigneault make the right choice by switching from Roberto Luongo to Schneider? Scoring obviously has been a huge issue for the Canucks in recent playoff games, so what should AV do to turn things around?
- If you put together a goaltender power rankings, where would you rank Quick? Also, would you start him in front of Tim Thomas and Ryan Miller in the 2014 Olympics (assuming that the NHL participates, of course)?
- Much like Pittsburgh, the Canucks find themselves in a 3-0 hole. In a way, though, the two teams share their captains’ images; while Sidney Crosby has a little egg on his face, Henrik Sedin gained serious kudos for bouncing back from a huge hit by Dustin Brown. How much of a chance does Vancouver have to come back? Is it any better than the Penguins’ or is there no real difference to you?
- Considering his game-winning goal and thunderous check, those Dustin Brown trade rumors seem even sillier in hindsight, don’t they?
- Do you think the Kings have what it takes to make a deep run in the playoffs despite being the West’s eighth seed?
- Conversely, could a possible first round exit bring some huge, painful changes in Vancouver?
As a bonus, here’s video of Will Ferrell professing his puck love:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)