Apr 16, 2012, 1:16 AM EST
It’s common to call the Los Angeles Kings “Philadelphia Flyers West,” but they’ve traveled to their 3-0 series lead in a wildly different way compared to their spiritual cousins. While the Flyers thrash the Penguins in increasingly bizarre games, the Kings eked out another zero-margin-of-error victory as Jonathan Quick out-dueled Cory Schneider in a 1-0 win.
Feel free to explore the studio space, but here are a few questions to ponder to start things off.
- Did Alain Vigneault make the right choice by switching from Roberto Luongo to Schneider? Scoring obviously has been a huge issue for the Canucks in recent playoff games, so what should AV do to turn things around?
- If you put together a goaltender power rankings, where would you rank Quick? Also, would you start him in front of Tim Thomas and Ryan Miller in the 2014 Olympics (assuming that the NHL participates, of course)?
- Much like Pittsburgh, the Canucks find themselves in a 3-0 hole. In a way, though, the two teams share their captains’ images; while Sidney Crosby has a little egg on his face, Henrik Sedin gained serious kudos for bouncing back from a huge hit by Dustin Brown. How much of a chance does Vancouver have to come back? Is it any better than the Penguins’ or is there no real difference to you?
- Considering his game-winning goal and thunderous check, those Dustin Brown trade rumors seem even sillier in hindsight, don’t they?
- Do you think the Kings have what it takes to make a deep run in the playoffs despite being the West’s eighth seed?
- Conversely, could a possible first round exit bring some huge, painful changes in Vancouver?
As a bonus, here’s video of Will Ferrell professing his puck love:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)