Apr 16, 2012, 10:26 PM EST
It’s not quite Kings-Canucks, but the Washington Capitals are showing a lot of fight against the higher seeded Boston Bruins. Still, the seventh seed trails the defending Stanley Cup champions 2-1 in the series after a 4-3 Boston win, although Washington might just be planting the seeds of frustration for the B’s.
- Braden Holtby wasn’t horrible by any means, but the Bruins were able to get to him quite a bit more – relatively speaking – in Game 3. Should Capitals fans be concerned that their young netminder might lose some confidence considering how small the margin of error has been?
- Things got pretty “chippy” at times during this contest. Washington’s players have made it a point to say that they can bring the beef a little too, but should Dale Hunter be concerned if things get ugly – which rests right in Boston’s wheelhouse?
- Speaking of things getting chippy, how do you feel about the way the game was officiated?
- Milan Lucic showed some clear signs of frustration tonight. Can he find his game again? Is he the Bruins player who misses Nathan Horton‘s presence the most? Are the Caps in his head?
- Stephen Whyno points out that Mike Green scored his first non-empty-netter-related point since returning from a sports hernia surgery on Feb. 18. Who would have thought a gifted offensive blueliner like Green could go more than two months without a point? Also, is this the worst contract year performance in recent memory?
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 6
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 12
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 10
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 14
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 14
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 35
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 23
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 46
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 34
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)