Apr 16, 2012, 10:26 PM EDT
It’s not quite Kings-Canucks, but the Washington Capitals are showing a lot of fight against the higher seeded Boston Bruins. Still, the seventh seed trails the defending Stanley Cup champions 2-1 in the series after a 4-3 Boston win, although Washington might just be planting the seeds of frustration for the B’s.
- Braden Holtby wasn’t horrible by any means, but the Bruins were able to get to him quite a bit more – relatively speaking – in Game 3. Should Capitals fans be concerned that their young netminder might lose some confidence considering how small the margin of error has been?
- Things got pretty “chippy” at times during this contest. Washington’s players have made it a point to say that they can bring the beef a little too, but should Dale Hunter be concerned if things get ugly – which rests right in Boston’s wheelhouse?
- Speaking of things getting chippy, how do you feel about the way the game was officiated?
- Milan Lucic showed some clear signs of frustration tonight. Can he find his game again? Is he the Bruins player who misses Nathan Horton‘s presence the most? Are the Caps in his head?
- Stephen Whyno points out that Mike Green scored his first non-empty-netter-related point since returning from a sports hernia surgery on Feb. 18. Who would have thought a gifted offensive blueliner like Green could go more than two months without a point? Also, is this the worst contract year performance in recent memory?
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 5
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12