Apr 16, 2012, 1:46 PM EDT
Rangers coach John Tortorella wouldn’t say who would replace suspended forward Carl Hagelin for tonight’s Game 3 in Ottawa, but it’s possible we’ll see the NHL debut of 20-year-old Chris Kreider.
The other option is big John Scott. And when you consider what happened in Game 2, Tortorella could certainly be tempted to go with toughness over skill.
But again, that’s just speculation. We’ll confirm once we know for sure.
Kreider was New York’s first-round selection at the 2009 draft and just won a national championship with Boston College.
Last week, he signed an entry-level contract with the Rangers.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 12
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5