Apr 16, 2012, 1:46 PM EST
Rangers coach John Tortorella wouldn’t say who would replace suspended forward Carl Hagelin for tonight’s Game 3 in Ottawa, but it’s possible we’ll see the NHL debut of 20-year-old Chris Kreider.
The other option is big John Scott. And when you consider what happened in Game 2, Tortorella could certainly be tempted to go with toughness over skill.
But again, that’s just speculation. We’ll confirm once we know for sure.
Kreider was New York’s first-round selection at the 2009 draft and just won a national championship with Boston College.
Last week, he signed an entry-level contract with the Rangers.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 20
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 13
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4