Apr 16, 2012, 1:46 PM EDT
Rangers coach John Tortorella wouldn’t say who would replace suspended forward Carl Hagelin for tonight’s Game 3 in Ottawa, but it’s possible we’ll see the NHL debut of 20-year-old Chris Kreider.
The other option is big John Scott. And when you consider what happened in Game 2, Tortorella could certainly be tempted to go with toughness over skill.
But again, that’s just speculation. We’ll confirm once we know for sure.
Kreider was New York’s first-round selection at the 2009 draft and just won a national championship with Boston College.
Last week, he signed an entry-level contract with the Rangers.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8