Apr 16, 2012, 8:25 PM EST
On Sunday, Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith said he felt 100 percent after being leveled by Chicago’s Andrew Shaw during Saturday’s game. Smith was able to stay in the contest, but on Monday, he gave us a reason to be concerned by missing Phoenix’s practice.
Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said that Smith was being evaluated and wouldn’t confirm his availability for Game 3 on Tuesday. Smith is a big part of the reason the Coyotes made the playoffs in the first place.
If you’re a Phoenix Coyotes’ fan, then the news only gets worse from there. Martin Hanzal and Lauri Korpikoski both left Saturday’s game with undisclosed injuries and neither participated in Monday’s practice. Korpikoski and Hanzal both appear to be questionable for Game 3 on Tuesday.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12