Apr 16, 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
On Sunday, Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith said he felt 100 percent after being leveled by Chicago’s Andrew Shaw during Saturday’s game. Smith was able to stay in the contest, but on Monday, he gave us a reason to be concerned by missing Phoenix’s practice.
Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said that Smith was being evaluated and wouldn’t confirm his availability for Game 3 on Tuesday. Smith is a big part of the reason the Coyotes made the playoffs in the first place.
If you’re a Phoenix Coyotes’ fan, then the news only gets worse from there. Martin Hanzal and Lauri Korpikoski both left Saturday’s game with undisclosed injuries and neither participated in Monday’s practice. Korpikoski and Hanzal both appear to be questionable for Game 3 on Tuesday.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5