Apr 16, 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
On Sunday, Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith said he felt 100 percent after being leveled by Chicago’s Andrew Shaw during Saturday’s game. Smith was able to stay in the contest, but on Monday, he gave us a reason to be concerned by missing Phoenix’s practice.
Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said that Smith was being evaluated and wouldn’t confirm his availability for Game 3 on Tuesday. Smith is a big part of the reason the Coyotes made the playoffs in the first place.
If you’re a Phoenix Coyotes’ fan, then the news only gets worse from there. Martin Hanzal and Lauri Korpikoski both left Saturday’s game with undisclosed injuries and neither participated in Monday’s practice. Korpikoski and Hanzal both appear to be questionable for Game 3 on Tuesday.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)