Apr 16, 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
On Sunday, Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith said he felt 100 percent after being leveled by Chicago’s Andrew Shaw during Saturday’s game. Smith was able to stay in the contest, but on Monday, he gave us a reason to be concerned by missing Phoenix’s practice.
Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said that Smith was being evaluated and wouldn’t confirm his availability for Game 3 on Tuesday. Smith is a big part of the reason the Coyotes made the playoffs in the first place.
If you’re a Phoenix Coyotes’ fan, then the news only gets worse from there. Martin Hanzal and Lauri Korpikoski both left Saturday’s game with undisclosed injuries and neither participated in Monday’s practice. Korpikoski and Hanzal both appear to be questionable for Game 3 on Tuesday.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)