Apr 16, 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
On Sunday, Coyotes goaltender Mike Smith said he felt 100 percent after being leveled by Chicago’s Andrew Shaw during Saturday’s game. Smith was able to stay in the contest, but on Monday, he gave us a reason to be concerned by missing Phoenix’s practice.
Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said that Smith was being evaluated and wouldn’t confirm his availability for Game 3 on Tuesday. Smith is a big part of the reason the Coyotes made the playoffs in the first place.
If you’re a Phoenix Coyotes’ fan, then the news only gets worse from there. Martin Hanzal and Lauri Korpikoski both left Saturday’s game with undisclosed injuries and neither participated in Monday’s practice. Korpikoski and Hanzal both appear to be questionable for Game 3 on Tuesday.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 6
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)