Apr 16, 2012, 10:43 PM EDT
For a team down 3-0, the Vancouver Canucks are remarkably positive.* Henrik Sedin shared his belief that the Canucks are wearing the Los Angeles Kings’ defense down while Kevin Bieksa just Tweeted this amusing bit of optimism.
“Good re-group today for the boys! Lots of team bonding … Got these guys right where we want them!!”
Maybe it just takes a special kind of optimism to be a member of this Presidents’ Trophy-winning Canucks team after that grueling 2011 Stanley Cup finals loss. Perhaps Vancouver merely remembers the Chicago Blackhawks’ near-comeback in last year’s first round quite vividly.
Either way, the Canucks are in a rare “Nothing to lose” situation, which might just make them dangerous (or charmingly delusional, you be the judge).
* – Then again, they might just have a healthy sense of whimsy.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 33
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 51
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 37
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 74
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 45
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)