Apr 16, 2012, 10:43 PM EDT
For a team down 3-0, the Vancouver Canucks are remarkably positive.* Henrik Sedin shared his belief that the Canucks are wearing the Los Angeles Kings’ defense down while Kevin Bieksa just Tweeted this amusing bit of optimism.
“Good re-group today for the boys! Lots of team bonding … Got these guys right where we want them!!”
Maybe it just takes a special kind of optimism to be a member of this Presidents’ Trophy-winning Canucks team after that grueling 2011 Stanley Cup finals loss. Perhaps Vancouver merely remembers the Chicago Blackhawks’ near-comeback in last year’s first round quite vividly.
Either way, the Canucks are in a rare “Nothing to lose” situation, which might just make them dangerous (or charmingly delusional, you be the judge).
* – Then again, they might just have a healthy sense of whimsy.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)