Apr 16, 2012, 10:43 PM EDT
For a team down 3-0, the Vancouver Canucks are remarkably positive.* Henrik Sedin shared his belief that the Canucks are wearing the Los Angeles Kings’ defense down while Kevin Bieksa just Tweeted this amusing bit of optimism.
“Good re-group today for the boys! Lots of team bonding … Got these guys right where we want them!!”
Maybe it just takes a special kind of optimism to be a member of this Presidents’ Trophy-winning Canucks team after that grueling 2011 Stanley Cup finals loss. Perhaps Vancouver merely remembers the Chicago Blackhawks’ near-comeback in last year’s first round quite vividly.
Either way, the Canucks are in a rare “Nothing to lose” situation, which might just make them dangerous (or charmingly delusional, you be the judge).
* – Then again, they might just have a healthy sense of whimsy.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires