Apr 16, 2012, 10:43 PM EDT
For a team down 3-0, the Vancouver Canucks are remarkably positive.* Henrik Sedin shared his belief that the Canucks are wearing the Los Angeles Kings’ defense down while Kevin Bieksa just Tweeted this amusing bit of optimism.
“Good re-group today for the boys! Lots of team bonding … Got these guys right where we want them!!”
Maybe it just takes a special kind of optimism to be a member of this Presidents’ Trophy-winning Canucks team after that grueling 2011 Stanley Cup finals loss. Perhaps Vancouver merely remembers the Chicago Blackhawks’ near-comeback in last year’s first round quite vividly.
Either way, the Canucks are in a rare “Nothing to lose” situation, which might just make them dangerous (or charmingly delusional, you be the judge).
* – Then again, they might just have a healthy sense of whimsy.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)