Apr 16, 2012, 11:47 AM EDT
Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports Asham will have a face-to-face hearing with Brendan Shanahan tomorrow at 11 a.m. to discuss the hit in question. With the meeting being in person that means Asham is likely looking at a suspension greater than five games. The NHL confirms Kypreos’ report announcing hearings with both Asham and James Neal.
Asham’s hit on Schenn happened during a wild first period of Philly’s 8-4 win over the Penguins that saw numerous scrums and assorted nonsense erupt throughout the game. After the tough suspensions we’ve seen for Vancouver’s Byron Bitz and New York’s Carl Hagelin, Asham’s very poor decision is going to see the book thrown at him.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 27
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 23
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 20
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22