Apr 15, 2012, 4:09 PM EST
After all the speculation after Vancouver’s Game 2 loss to Los Angeles and getting down 2-0 in the series, the one move coach Alain Vigneault could make to try and shift momentum will happen.
Vigneault announced Cory Schneider will get the start in goal for Game 3 in Los Angeles changing spots with Roberto Luongo. Luongo didn’t play poorly in Games 1 and 2 but without Daniel Sedin to fall back on in the series and no other ways to light a fire under the team, putting Schneider in is the one move that even remotely made sense.
Some columnists speculated Vigneault could go with this move and supported doing so out of desperation. That said, it’s still a desperate move from Vancouver and one that they’re hoping gets them a win tonight or else they’ll be staring elimination in the face in Game 4.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 7
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 17
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 46
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)