Apr 15, 2012, 4:09 PM EST
After all the speculation after Vancouver’s Game 2 loss to Los Angeles and getting down 2-0 in the series, the one move coach Alain Vigneault could make to try and shift momentum will happen.
Vigneault announced Cory Schneider will get the start in goal for Game 3 in Los Angeles changing spots with Roberto Luongo. Luongo didn’t play poorly in Games 1 and 2 but without Daniel Sedin to fall back on in the series and no other ways to light a fire under the team, putting Schneider in is the one move that even remotely made sense.
Some columnists speculated Vigneault could go with this move and supported doing so out of desperation. That said, it’s still a desperate move from Vancouver and one that they’re hoping gets them a win tonight or else they’ll be staring elimination in the face in Game 4.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46