Apr 15, 2012, 6:44 PM EDT
Penguins forward James Neal caught the ire of the Flyers by not just scoring two goals against them but also for delivering some questionable hits. The one hit that really got Philly steamed up all over again was his shot on rookie Sean Couturier.
Neal blasted Couturier with an almost blindside shot that dazed the Flyers youngster and sent him off the ice for a short while. Neal wasn’t penalized on the play and later caught Claude Giroux with a similarly destructive hit that wobbled Giroux late in the game. The Flyers got last laugh winning the game 8-4 and taking a 3-0 lead in the series.
As for his hit on Couturier, check it out here.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 23
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 9
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 15
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 11
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)