Apr 15, 2012, 6:44 PM EDT
Penguins forward James Neal caught the ire of the Flyers by not just scoring two goals against them but also for delivering some questionable hits. The one hit that really got Philly steamed up all over again was his shot on rookie Sean Couturier.
Neal blasted Couturier with an almost blindside shot that dazed the Flyers youngster and sent him off the ice for a short while. Neal wasn’t penalized on the play and later caught Claude Giroux with a similarly destructive hit that wobbled Giroux late in the game. The Flyers got last laugh winning the game 8-4 and taking a 3-0 lead in the series.
As for his hit on Couturier, check it out here.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 2
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 1
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 28
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)