Apr 15, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
Carl Hagelin‘s head-high hit on fellow Swede and Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson was just one of a few ugly incidents from Saturday night’s Game 2 in New York. While Hagelin was tossed from the game while Alfredsson left the game and did not return, Hagelin says he feels terrible about it.
Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News hears from Hagelin who says he sent a text message to Alfredsson to apologize for his misdeed.
“I sent (Alfredsson) a text yesterday and said I’m sorry and I’m very regretful for what happened, and I just hope he’s doing well.”
Hagelin has to hope he’s doing OK as he had a disciplinary hearing with Brendan Shanahan this afternoon to discuss a possible suspension for his hit. For what it’s worth, Alfredsson was not at Senators practice today and there’s been no update on his condition.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)