Apr 15, 2012, 4:20 PM EST
Carl Hagelin‘s head-high hit on fellow Swede and Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson was just one of a few ugly incidents from Saturday night’s Game 2 in New York. While Hagelin was tossed from the game while Alfredsson left the game and did not return, Hagelin says he feels terrible about it.
Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News hears from Hagelin who says he sent a text message to Alfredsson to apologize for his misdeed.
“I sent (Alfredsson) a text yesterday and said I’m sorry and I’m very regretful for what happened, and I just hope he’s doing well.”
Hagelin has to hope he’s doing OK as he had a disciplinary hearing with Brendan Shanahan this afternoon to discuss a possible suspension for his hit. For what it’s worth, Alfredsson was not at Senators practice today and there’s been no update on his condition.
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test 2
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 4
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 18
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 35
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6