Apr 15, 2012, 7:47 PM EDT
It was always a fun thing to see Hulk Hogan in Pittsburgh on the big screen asking, “Whatcha gonna do when Malkamania runs wild on you?” whenever Evgeni Malkin had a big night at CONSOL Energy Center.
A curious thing happened during Game 3, however, as the Hulkster was on the jumbotron at Wells Fargo Center wearing the orange and black of the Flyers after madness again broke loose in the third period of the Flyers’ 8-4 win. Hogan had a special message to deliver to the Philly faithful.
The Hulkster traded out his black and gold gear to show support for Scott Hartnell and his encounter with a Penguins fan decked out in the Hulkster’s gear just last month. That’s the biggest heel move we’ve seen since the summer when both Jaromir Jagr and Maxime Talbot dumped Pittsburgh in favor of Philly.
The Penguins might need The Rock to step in and help them out now.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 4
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 7
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)