Apr 15, 2012, 7:47 PM EST
It was always a fun thing to see Hulk Hogan in Pittsburgh on the big screen asking, “Whatcha gonna do when Malkamania runs wild on you?” whenever Evgeni Malkin had a big night at CONSOL Energy Center.
A curious thing happened during Game 3, however, as the Hulkster was on the jumbotron at Wells Fargo Center wearing the orange and black of the Flyers after madness again broke loose in the third period of the Flyers’ 8-4 win. Hogan had a special message to deliver to the Philly faithful.
The Hulkster traded out his black and gold gear to show support for Scott Hartnell and his encounter with a Penguins fan decked out in the Hulkster’s gear just last month. That’s the biggest heel move we’ve seen since the summer when both Jaromir Jagr and Maxime Talbot dumped Pittsburgh in favor of Philly.
The Penguins might need The Rock to step in and help them out now.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 5
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)