Apr 15, 2012, 7:47 PM EDT
It was always a fun thing to see Hulk Hogan in Pittsburgh on the big screen asking, “Whatcha gonna do when Malkamania runs wild on you?” whenever Evgeni Malkin had a big night at CONSOL Energy Center.
A curious thing happened during Game 3, however, as the Hulkster was on the jumbotron at Wells Fargo Center wearing the orange and black of the Flyers after madness again broke loose in the third period of the Flyers’ 8-4 win. Hogan had a special message to deliver to the Philly faithful.
The Hulkster traded out his black and gold gear to show support for Scott Hartnell and his encounter with a Penguins fan decked out in the Hulkster’s gear just last month. That’s the biggest heel move we’ve seen since the summer when both Jaromir Jagr and Maxime Talbot dumped Pittsburgh in favor of Philly.
The Penguins might need The Rock to step in and help them out now.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5