Apr 15, 2012, 7:47 PM EDT
It was always a fun thing to see Hulk Hogan in Pittsburgh on the big screen asking, “Whatcha gonna do when Malkamania runs wild on you?” whenever Evgeni Malkin had a big night at CONSOL Energy Center.
A curious thing happened during Game 3, however, as the Hulkster was on the jumbotron at Wells Fargo Center wearing the orange and black of the Flyers after madness again broke loose in the third period of the Flyers’ 8-4 win. Hogan had a special message to deliver to the Philly faithful.
The Hulkster traded out his black and gold gear to show support for Scott Hartnell and his encounter with a Penguins fan decked out in the Hulkster’s gear just last month. That’s the biggest heel move we’ve seen since the summer when both Jaromir Jagr and Maxime Talbot dumped Pittsburgh in favor of Philly.
The Penguins might need The Rock to step in and help them out now.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54