Apr 15, 2012, 1:18 AM EST
Of course it went to overtime. If there’s been a theme to this playoffs, it’s that the first 60 minutes are there to setup the actual contest. Chicago’s 4-3 victory concluded the fourth day of the postseason, but we’ve already had six overtime contests.
For the second straight game, Chicago tied things up in the dying seconds of the third period. This time though, they were able to capitalize in overtime. Bryan Bickell ended up with the first and last goals of the game for Chicago. Not bad for a man who struggled offensively during the regular season.
Here’s some points to get the ball rolling.
- Antoine Vermette scored what would have been the game-winning goal as a direct result of the five-minute charging penalty on Andrew Shaw. Of course, with just 5.5 left in regulation time, Patrick Sharp tied the game to cancel out Vermette’s efforts.
- Martin Hanzal, who scored the overtime winner in Game 1, suffered an injury and didn’t stick around for the finale. The Coyotes already dodged a couple bullets after they got good news regarding potentially serious injuries to Radim Vrbata and goaltender Mike Smith. Will their luck hold out?
- Bickell netted a power-play goal for the Blackhawks at 3:05 of the first period. That’s one more power-play goal than he scored in 71 regular season contests.
- Dating back to last year, Corey Crawford has started in four consecutive overtime playoff games. He has a 2-2 record in those contests.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)