Apr 15, 2012, 6:25 PM EST
We’d been waiting for the bad blood to make an appearance in this intrastate rivalry between the Penguins and Flyers and with Pittsburgh desperate to get back in the series, it was out with a vengeance.
The problem for Pittsburgh, however, was that they still didn’t get any defense or goaltending and the Flyers took it home 8-4 to take a 3-0 series lead.
As for what to discuss in the comments, there might be a few things.
—- The game was littered with all sorts of bad blood and at the center of a lot of it was… Sidney Crosby and James Neal? When the superstars are mixing it up, you know things are intense. Seeing Crosby drop the gloves with Claude Giroux was something else.
—- Can we expect even more bad blood to spill over in Game 4 on Wednesday night? The Penguins are frustrated and desperate and the Flyers are… Well, they’re the Flyers.
—- One thing the Penguins did “win” in this game? The penalty minute war. Penguins finished the game with 89 PIMs while Philly had 59.
Highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Marian Gaborik suffers broken collarbone in return to action 8
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 18
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 26
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)