Apr 15, 2012, 6:25 PM EDT
We’d been waiting for the bad blood to make an appearance in this intrastate rivalry between the Penguins and Flyers and with Pittsburgh desperate to get back in the series, it was out with a vengeance.
The problem for Pittsburgh, however, was that they still didn’t get any defense or goaltending and the Flyers took it home 8-4 to take a 3-0 series lead.
As for what to discuss in the comments, there might be a few things.
—- The game was littered with all sorts of bad blood and at the center of a lot of it was… Sidney Crosby and James Neal? When the superstars are mixing it up, you know things are intense. Seeing Crosby drop the gloves with Claude Giroux was something else.
—- Can we expect even more bad blood to spill over in Game 4 on Wednesday night? The Penguins are frustrated and desperate and the Flyers are… Well, they’re the Flyers.
—- One thing the Penguins did “win” in this game? The penalty minute war. Penguins finished the game with 89 PIMs while Philly had 59.
Highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5