Apr 15, 2012, 6:25 PM EDT
We’d been waiting for the bad blood to make an appearance in this intrastate rivalry between the Penguins and Flyers and with Pittsburgh desperate to get back in the series, it was out with a vengeance.
The problem for Pittsburgh, however, was that they still didn’t get any defense or goaltending and the Flyers took it home 8-4 to take a 3-0 series lead.
As for what to discuss in the comments, there might be a few things.
—- The game was littered with all sorts of bad blood and at the center of a lot of it was… Sidney Crosby and James Neal? When the superstars are mixing it up, you know things are intense. Seeing Crosby drop the gloves with Claude Giroux was something else.
—- Can we expect even more bad blood to spill over in Game 4 on Wednesday night? The Penguins are frustrated and desperate and the Flyers are… Well, they’re the Flyers.
—- One thing the Penguins did “win” in this game? The penalty minute war. Penguins finished the game with 89 PIMs while Philly had 59.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 55
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming