Apr 15, 2012, 6:25 PM EST
We’d been waiting for the bad blood to make an appearance in this intrastate rivalry between the Penguins and Flyers and with Pittsburgh desperate to get back in the series, it was out with a vengeance.
The problem for Pittsburgh, however, was that they still didn’t get any defense or goaltending and the Flyers took it home 8-4 to take a 3-0 series lead.
As for what to discuss in the comments, there might be a few things.
—- The game was littered with all sorts of bad blood and at the center of a lot of it was… Sidney Crosby and James Neal? When the superstars are mixing it up, you know things are intense. Seeing Crosby drop the gloves with Claude Giroux was something else.
—- Can we expect even more bad blood to spill over in Game 4 on Wednesday night? The Penguins are frustrated and desperate and the Flyers are… Well, they’re the Flyers.
—- One thing the Penguins did “win” in this game? The penalty minute war. Penguins finished the game with 89 PIMs while Philly had 59.
Highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny 0
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52