Apr 15, 2012, 6:25 PM EDT
We’d been waiting for the bad blood to make an appearance in this intrastate rivalry between the Penguins and Flyers and with Pittsburgh desperate to get back in the series, it was out with a vengeance.
The problem for Pittsburgh, however, was that they still didn’t get any defense or goaltending and the Flyers took it home 8-4 to take a 3-0 series lead.
As for what to discuss in the comments, there might be a few things.
—- The game was littered with all sorts of bad blood and at the center of a lot of it was… Sidney Crosby and James Neal? When the superstars are mixing it up, you know things are intense. Seeing Crosby drop the gloves with Claude Giroux was something else.
—- Can we expect even more bad blood to spill over in Game 4 on Wednesday night? The Penguins are frustrated and desperate and the Flyers are… Well, they’re the Flyers.
—- One thing the Penguins did “win” in this game? The penalty minute war. Penguins finished the game with 89 PIMs while Philly had 59.
Highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)