Couldn’t believe your eyes? Watch Penguins-Flyers Game 3 again here

Apr 15, 2012, 8:37 PM EDT

Pittsburgh Penguins v Philadelphia Flyers - Game Three Getty Images

Whether you’re a casual hockey fan or live and die with every bounce of the puck, the Philadelphia Flyers’ 8-4 win against the Pittsburgh Penguins was pretty mind-blowing. There were 12 goals, 148 penalty minutes and generally an incredible series of events. Seeing it in the moment was probably more overwhelming than the opening minutes of “Enter the Void,” so if you want to watch the whole game again, click on the link below:

Penguins-Flyers Game 3

Now don’t mind me, I’m just going to stare off into the distance and ask existential questions about hockey for a little while.

Re-live Game 3 through PHT

Discuss the Flyers’ 8-4 win.

Rare star fight: Sidney Crosby vs. Claude Giroux. Speaking of which, what got into Sid the Kid in the first place? Oh, by the way, Peter Laviolette loved it.

Hulkamania runs wild in favor of the Flyers? Et tu Hulk?

James Neal: not a popular man in Philly. (Kimmo Timonen doesn’t think his tactics are working, by the way.)

Dan Bylsma boldly backs Marc-Andre Fleury.

1. orangegesus - Apr 15, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Sweet. Now I can watch the Flyers score 16 on the Pens – all in one day. Nice

2. sweezz - Apr 15, 2012 at 8:44 PM

You can show game 2 of this series to any non-hockey fan, and make them a fan. You can show game 3 to any hockey fan, and make them sick about the way the Pittsburgh spit all over the game they get paid money to play.

• polegojim - Apr 16, 2012 at 11:13 AM

That’s exactly the point. I was wrong in earlier posts…. the Pens have leadership… POOR leadership. Cry Baby.

Emotional meltdowns from a team with a childs mentality. That’s what you get with juvenile Sid wearing the C. He needs a few men around him in order to grow up.
      Great player with horribly stunted emotional growth. Baby Pouter

I’m fine with one ice ‘messages’, but the stupid ‘i hate them’ rants afterward??? Baby Tantrum.

You hate them because they are embarrassing you on the ice? I have an idea – play better and win…. Baby Whiner.

3. bobhpine - Apr 15, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Oh you ladies in orange… All fired up… Still fewer cups and super bowls…more murders and poverty though…congrats though, I’m sure bryzgalov will take you far

• sweezz - Apr 15, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Wow, classy teams have classy fans. Superbowls, poverty, and murders don’t have anything to do with how your team sheet the bed. I’m guessing you just can’t handle all of the NHL fans seeing the Penguins’ true colors.

• lostone49 - Apr 15, 2012 at 8:56 PM

The last I checked, in the NHL they play for Lord Stanley’s Cup, not the Lombardi Trophy!

• ematusko - Apr 15, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I thought this was pro hockey talk. Regardless, you sound like your cowardly captian making lady-like statements. Also, Philly is about 5x the size of Pittjsburgh, so you’ll see more murder and poverty, unfortunately. Also, you only have 1 additional cup, I wouldnt hang too much on that, especially since we’ve been sticking it in you.

• ml3939 - Apr 15, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Hey Bob, I hear your wife calling. She said you need to come make the list for the craft’s store with her as you two will be scrap booking for the rest of the spring. Have fun douche. Make sure you pick up your illegitimate son genopringles on the way to the store.

Make sure your scrapbook includes those first 23 years of the glorious Penguins franchise, that 3-0 series lead they blew against the Isles in the mid 70′s, those intentional losses which enabled them to draft Lemeiux, Letang’s Oscar for the head snap after Matt Read nudged him the other night and that piece of Swiss cheese MAF.

• rj2922 - Apr 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Enjoy living in the past. You can watch the replay of lemieux hoisting the cup 20 years ago while the rest of us are watching the flyers play in round 2 this year.

• bobhpine - Apr 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM

3 years ago pens won the cup..Sidney Crosby raised it…giroux had a French boy in his mouth bat the time…the eagles suck too though…haha. Zero super bowls

• rj2922 - Apr 16, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Tool bag , never one mentioned how good the pirates are. Enjoy your summer.

• ml3939 - Apr 16, 2012 at 8:42 AM

bob, have you posted a thought provoking statement or something that has generated a respectable, credible conversation? I am not sure why you even post here. You are like the drunk guy screaming down awful mom jokes from the top of the arena.

4. eaglesw00t - Apr 15, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I agree with sweezz. The penguins should be ashamed and embarrassed. That as an appalling display of hockey

5. mojosmagic - Apr 15, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Bob out from the slime pit to spout his foolishness. Crawl away bozo.

6. kicksave1980 - Apr 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM

For all of those talking about what a “disgrace” this game was, I’d like to invite you to watch playoff hockey from 1950-1993. I’m not a Pens or Flyers fan, but the part that makes me laugh is that most people who talk about the Pens sh***ing on hockey are Flyers fans who get hard every time clips from the 70′s are shown.

• bluesrawesome - Apr 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM

What year is it? I know it’s not 1950-1993. Trying to compare this season with back then would make u a idiot because the NHL has changed a lot and is not comparable to back then.

• kicksave1980 - Apr 15, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I am aware that the game has changed, but you’re missing my point. This type of thing has happened in the NHL before…a lot, and a lot worse, and the league didn’t cease to exist because of it. My side point is that the fact that Flyers fans would complain about the Penguins tactics today seems a little strange, considering that they, to this day, largely idolize the Broad street bullies in that city. No shame in that at all, but you can’t have it both ways.

Also, if you’re going to call someone an idiot, it’s spelled “you”, not “u”.

• bobhpine - Apr 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Save your breath…these people only read words up to fourbletters…they weren’t educated as children

• ml3939 - Apr 16, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Uneducated, what the f- is fourbletters? Maybe education is your problem as most people continue to be educated throughout their lives. You stopped learning as a child and carry nothing but a child’s mentality with you.

7. northstars17 - Apr 15, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I hope the Flyers sweep the Pens. just to get it over with. but at the same time I’m not pulling for either for the cup… so let them heat each other up for 7 =)

8. pacoj68 - Apr 15, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I rather watch jeff carter bang Scott Hartnells wife. Theres gotta be a video out there of it. What about Chris Pronger cheating on his wife with the local weather girl?

9. ematusko - Apr 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I’d rather watch women repulsively walk away from you at the bars where you unsuccessfully try to get into their pants. Now THAT would be humorous.

• pacoj68 - Apr 16, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I’m way way far from fitting that descripstion

anyways

I don’t know if that’s any better than you posted in front of a elementary school, dressed like a clown, and trying to lure little kids into your car with a Spongebob DVD.

10. sjsharksfan11 - Apr 16, 2012 at 1:05 AM

PACO you have a stupid name and your team sucks. Philly wiping the floor with your sissy franchise and joke of a player Crosbaby. When the going gets tough the folding begins. Any Flyer to end Crosbaby’s career will eternally be my favorite player. GO FLYERS!

• pacoj68 - Apr 16, 2012 at 1:38 AM

go die of AIDS queer

• pacoj68 - Apr 16, 2012 at 1:42 AM

sjsharksfan11 is so dumb, he looked into the mirror to see if his eyes were open

• pacoj68 - Apr 16, 2012 at 1:43 AM

you’re so dumb you got locked in a grocery store and nearly starved to death.

11. bleed4philly - Apr 16, 2012 at 3:46 AM

To the rest of the hockey world outside of Pittsburg: you’re welcome.

12. areyesrn - Apr 16, 2012 at 8:39 AM

check out all the Pittsburgh tweets about Wayne Simmonds yesterday…you can imagine what was said…

• govtminion - Apr 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I’m sure they were glowing and respectful comments about his excellent hockey performance.

…right? Am I right?

13. 700levelvet - Apr 16, 2012 at 9:27 AM

20 goals in 3 games……..Do the Pens have defensemen?…Or just the legues leading scorer (shut down by a 19 year old)….A Kotex spokesperson disguised as a Captain “I don’t like em”….Classic…..Perhaps the Pens could be on the cover of the next Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition…..

14. cowgut1 - Apr 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I love that even some of the Pens fans are talking about how disgusting they thought their team acted yesterday. If they’re willing to admit it, then you know it was bad. The Penguins right now are an embarrassment to the league

15. hockeyknowledge - Apr 16, 2012 at 11:11 AM

The game was an embarrassment.
    Now the comments have become embarrassing.
    Is there no dignity.
    Both teams took this too far.
    Penguins fans need to accept that their team is down.
    And Flyers fans don’t need to rub it in.
    THIS BEHAVIOR NEEDS TO STOP.
    You are letting your pride ge in the way.
    All I ask for is some respect.

16. hockeyknowledge - Apr 16, 2012 at 11:11 AM

The game was an embarrassment.
    Now the comments have become embarrassing.
    Is there no dignity.
    Both teams took this too far.
    Penguins fans need to accept that their team is down.
    And Flyers fans don’t need to rub it in.
    THIS BEHAVIOR NEEDS TO STOP.
    You are letting your pride get in the way.
    All I ask for is some respect.

17. tackledummy1505 - Apr 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Let’s face it, Crosby doesn’t like to be outplayed. Giroux is a better player and he plays by the rules to do it. We don’t dive, we haven’t headhunted, and we haven’t thrown one cheap shot. So far I’ve seen Neal leave his feet and hit a vulnerable Sean C. A guy who has owned Malkin, so yeah if I was going to play dirty I would try to hurt him too. LeTang the puss goes after Kimmo to fight lol. Why not Simmonds or Ronaldo? It’s cause LeTang wants to feel tough. Asham trying to crush Schenn’s throat because he laid a devastating legal check. Then for Cindy Crosby for always coming up from behind to try to choke or punch someone. Can’t do face to face. Get the brooms out, cause its all over but the crying.

Bettman hears the boos in Philly
Top 10 NHL Player Searches