Apr 15, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
Part of the ugliness that unfolded during the first period of today’s Game 3 between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia involved former Flyer and current Penguins tough guy Arron Asham.
Asham didn’t much care to see Flyers rookie forward Brayden Schenn deliver a big hit along the boards and took matters into his own hands. With his stick. Asham caught Schenn with a cross check to the throat and then delivered a punch to the back of Schenn’s head while he was laid out on the ice.
Asham received a match penalty along with a five-minute major and a game misconduct for his heinous actions while Schenn was assessed a dubious minor for charging. Expect Brendan Shanahan to weigh in in a big way on Asham for his uncalled for hit on Schenn. Schenn, meanwhile, remained in the game. Take a look at how things unfolded for yourself.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 0
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)