Apr 15, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
Part of the ugliness that unfolded during the first period of today’s Game 3 between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia involved former Flyer and current Penguins tough guy Arron Asham.
Asham didn’t much care to see Flyers rookie forward Brayden Schenn deliver a big hit along the boards and took matters into his own hands. With his stick. Asham caught Schenn with a cross check to the throat and then delivered a punch to the back of Schenn’s head while he was laid out on the ice.
Asham received a match penalty along with a five-minute major and a game misconduct for his heinous actions while Schenn was assessed a dubious minor for charging. Expect Brendan Shanahan to weigh in in a big way on Asham for his uncalled for hit on Schenn. Schenn, meanwhile, remained in the game. Take a look at how things unfolded for yourself.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)