Apr 14, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins had to go to overtime to beat Holtby in Game 1, and then on Saturday, Holtby led the Washington Capitals to a 2-1 victory in double overtime. He gave a pretty good interview after the contest, which you can check out below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Holtby might be the team’s third string goaltender, but he certainly isn’t what you’d expect from one. He’s a top-tier prospect who probably would have battled with Neuvirth for the starting job all season if the Capitals didn’t sign Vokoun. Holtby is someone who has three shutouts in just 18 career NHL regular season starts.
Which leads to a question, if you had to pick just one goaltender for the Capitals to ride out for the rest of the series, who do you think would be their best bet? As good as Holtby has been, do you think he’s better than a healthy Neuvirth or Vokoun in the playoffs?
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)