Apr 14, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins had to go to overtime to beat Holtby in Game 1, and then on Saturday, Holtby led the Washington Capitals to a 2-1 victory in double overtime. He gave a pretty good interview after the contest, which you can check out below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Holtby might be the team’s third string goaltender, but he certainly isn’t what you’d expect from one. He’s a top-tier prospect who probably would have battled with Neuvirth for the starting job all season if the Capitals didn’t sign Vokoun. Holtby is someone who has three shutouts in just 18 career NHL regular season starts.
Which leads to a question, if you had to pick just one goaltender for the Capitals to ride out for the rest of the series, who do you think would be their best bet? As good as Holtby has been, do you think he’s better than a healthy Neuvirth or Vokoun in the playoffs?
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 125
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 38
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7