Apr 14, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins had to go to overtime to beat Holtby in Game 1, and then on Saturday, Holtby led the Washington Capitals to a 2-1 victory in double overtime. He gave a pretty good interview after the contest, which you can check out below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Holtby might be the team’s third string goaltender, but he certainly isn’t what you’d expect from one. He’s a top-tier prospect who probably would have battled with Neuvirth for the starting job all season if the Capitals didn’t sign Vokoun. Holtby is someone who has three shutouts in just 18 career NHL regular season starts.
Which leads to a question, if you had to pick just one goaltender for the Capitals to ride out for the rest of the series, who do you think would be their best bet? As good as Holtby has been, do you think he’s better than a healthy Neuvirth or Vokoun in the playoffs?
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)