Apr 14, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins had to go to overtime to beat Holtby in Game 1, and then on Saturday, Holtby led the Washington Capitals to a 2-1 victory in double overtime. He gave a pretty good interview after the contest, which you can check out below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Holtby might be the team’s third string goaltender, but he certainly isn’t what you’d expect from one. He’s a top-tier prospect who probably would have battled with Neuvirth for the starting job all season if the Capitals didn’t sign Vokoun. Holtby is someone who has three shutouts in just 18 career NHL regular season starts.
Which leads to a question, if you had to pick just one goaltender for the Capitals to ride out for the rest of the series, who do you think would be their best bet? As good as Holtby has been, do you think he’s better than a healthy Neuvirth or Vokoun in the playoffs?
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32