Apr 14, 2012, 11:28 AM EDT
After the uproar caused by the Los Angeles Kings’ official Twitter account with their celebratory Game 1 tweet, seeing the Kings take Game 2 thanks to Jonathan Quick‘s monster night in goal and Dustin Brown‘s three-point night made us all curious what they’d do for an encore.
The Kings social media gurus decided to take things in a bit of a different direction this time around and played off the “controversy” they fired up after Game 1.
Chances are that if you’re offended by this tweet, you’re part of the problem and might need to sit the next one out. Cool off with a lemonade perhaps.
Facts being what they are still managed to disturb and upset the most unhinged Canucks fans on Twitter, but for the most part, this one’s a lot more fun and playful and one that ensures those who were outraged before can just sit there and seethe this time around. Appealing to a team’s fans is never a bad thing.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)