Apr 14, 2012, 11:28 AM EDT
After the uproar caused by the Los Angeles Kings’ official Twitter account with their celebratory Game 1 tweet, seeing the Kings take Game 2 thanks to Jonathan Quick‘s monster night in goal and Dustin Brown‘s three-point night made us all curious what they’d do for an encore.
The Kings social media gurus decided to take things in a bit of a different direction this time around and played off the “controversy” they fired up after Game 1.
Chances are that if you’re offended by this tweet, you’re part of the problem and might need to sit the next one out. Cool off with a lemonade perhaps.
Facts being what they are still managed to disturb and upset the most unhinged Canucks fans on Twitter, but for the most part, this one’s a lot more fun and playful and one that ensures those who were outraged before can just sit there and seethe this time around. Appealing to a team’s fans is never a bad thing.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)