Apr 14, 2012, 11:28 AM EDT
After the uproar caused by the Los Angeles Kings’ official Twitter account with their celebratory Game 1 tweet, seeing the Kings take Game 2 thanks to Jonathan Quick‘s monster night in goal and Dustin Brown‘s three-point night made us all curious what they’d do for an encore.
The Kings social media gurus decided to take things in a bit of a different direction this time around and played off the “controversy” they fired up after Game 1.
Chances are that if you’re offended by this tweet, you’re part of the problem and might need to sit the next one out. Cool off with a lemonade perhaps.
Facts being what they are still managed to disturb and upset the most unhinged Canucks fans on Twitter, but for the most part, this one’s a lot more fun and playful and one that ensures those who were outraged before can just sit there and seethe this time around. Appealing to a team’s fans is never a bad thing.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 1
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 21
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)