Apr 14, 2012, 11:28 AM EST
After the uproar caused by the Los Angeles Kings’ official Twitter account with their celebratory Game 1 tweet, seeing the Kings take Game 2 thanks to Jonathan Quick‘s monster night in goal and Dustin Brown‘s three-point night made us all curious what they’d do for an encore.
The Kings social media gurus decided to take things in a bit of a different direction this time around and played off the “controversy” they fired up after Game 1.
Chances are that if you’re offended by this tweet, you’re part of the problem and might need to sit the next one out. Cool off with a lemonade perhaps.
Facts being what they are still managed to disturb and upset the most unhinged Canucks fans on Twitter, but for the most part, this one’s a lot more fun and playful and one that ensures those who were outraged before can just sit there and seethe this time around. Appealing to a team’s fans is never a bad thing.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 36
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)