Apr 14, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
The Canucks have had their struggles through the first two games of their first round series with Los Angeles and Daniel Sedin‘s absence is a big part of that.
According to Kristin Reid of Global Media, the Canucks are going to have go the rest of the first round without Daniel there to help them. Reid tweets that Sedin will not only miss Games 3 and 4 in Los Angeles but will be out for the rest of the first round thanks to a concussion that kept him out for the latter part of the season.
While the Canucks have been able to hang tough with the Kings, Daniel’s absence from the lineup is noticeable and his brother, Henrik Sedin, hasn’t been able to pick up the offensive slack without Daniel riding shotgun on his line.
The Canucks have a lot of questions to answer heading into Game 3 as they try to get back in the series, including whether or not to start Cory Schneider instead of Roberto Luongo, but one of those answers won’t come in the form of Daniel Sedin.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)