Apr 14, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
The Canucks have had their struggles through the first two games of their first round series with Los Angeles and Daniel Sedin‘s absence is a big part of that.
According to Kristin Reid of Global Media, the Canucks are going to have go the rest of the first round without Daniel there to help them. Reid tweets that Sedin will not only miss Games 3 and 4 in Los Angeles but will be out for the rest of the first round thanks to a concussion that kept him out for the latter part of the season.
While the Canucks have been able to hang tough with the Kings, Daniel’s absence from the lineup is noticeable and his brother, Henrik Sedin, hasn’t been able to pick up the offensive slack without Daniel riding shotgun on his line.
The Canucks have a lot of questions to answer heading into Game 3 as they try to get back in the series, including whether or not to start Cory Schneider instead of Roberto Luongo, but one of those answers won’t come in the form of Daniel Sedin.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 11
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 20
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 31
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)