Apr 14, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
The Canucks have had their struggles through the first two games of their first round series with Los Angeles and Daniel Sedin‘s absence is a big part of that.
According to Kristin Reid of Global Media, the Canucks are going to have go the rest of the first round without Daniel there to help them. Reid tweets that Sedin will not only miss Games 3 and 4 in Los Angeles but will be out for the rest of the first round thanks to a concussion that kept him out for the latter part of the season.
While the Canucks have been able to hang tough with the Kings, Daniel’s absence from the lineup is noticeable and his brother, Henrik Sedin, hasn’t been able to pick up the offensive slack without Daniel riding shotgun on his line.
The Canucks have a lot of questions to answer heading into Game 3 as they try to get back in the series, including whether or not to start Cory Schneider instead of Roberto Luongo, but one of those answers won’t come in the form of Daniel Sedin.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 0
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 23
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (56)