Apr 14, 2012, 11:06 PM EDT
After the contest, Blues coach Ken Hitchcock revealed that Halak has sustained a lower body injury. He will be evaluated further on Sunday, but we do know that he will travel with the Blues to San Jose. That being said, St. Louis has already reportedly recalled netminder Jake Allen, so the injury might be significant.
Halak has done a fine job in net for the Blues in this series, but they have another superb goaltender in Brian Elliott. When Halak went down on Saturday, Elliott filled in and led the Blues to a 3-0 shutout victory. Elliott led the NHL in GAA and save percentage in the regular season, so the Blues shouldn’t be shy about having him play between the pipes if Halak isn’t feeling 100%.
You can view the incident as well as a summary of the St. Louis-San Jose game below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 15
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 19
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)