Apr 14, 2012, 11:06 PM EST
After the contest, Blues coach Ken Hitchcock revealed that Halak has sustained a lower body injury. He will be evaluated further on Sunday, but we do know that he will travel with the Blues to San Jose. That being said, St. Louis has already reportedly recalled netminder Jake Allen, so the injury might be significant.
Halak has done a fine job in net for the Blues in this series, but they have another superb goaltender in Brian Elliott. When Halak went down on Saturday, Elliott filled in and led the Blues to a 3-0 shutout victory. Elliott led the NHL in GAA and save percentage in the regular season, so the Blues shouldn’t be shy about having him play between the pipes if Halak isn’t feeling 100%.
You can view the incident as well as a summary of the St. Louis-San Jose game below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54