Apr 14, 2012, 11:06 PM EDT
After the contest, Blues coach Ken Hitchcock revealed that Halak has sustained a lower body injury. He will be evaluated further on Sunday, but we do know that he will travel with the Blues to San Jose. That being said, St. Louis has already reportedly recalled netminder Jake Allen, so the injury might be significant.
Halak has done a fine job in net for the Blues in this series, but they have another superb goaltender in Brian Elliott. When Halak went down on Saturday, Elliott filled in and led the Blues to a 3-0 shutout victory. Elliott led the NHL in GAA and save percentage in the regular season, so the Blues shouldn’t be shy about having him play between the pipes if Halak isn’t feeling 100%.
You can view the incident as well as a summary of the St. Louis-San Jose game below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32