Apr 14, 2012, 11:06 PM EDT
After the contest, Blues coach Ken Hitchcock revealed that Halak has sustained a lower body injury. He will be evaluated further on Sunday, but we do know that he will travel with the Blues to San Jose. That being said, St. Louis has already reportedly recalled netminder Jake Allen, so the injury might be significant.
Halak has done a fine job in net for the Blues in this series, but they have another superb goaltender in Brian Elliott. When Halak went down on Saturday, Elliott filled in and led the Blues to a 3-0 shutout victory. Elliott led the NHL in GAA and save percentage in the regular season, so the Blues shouldn’t be shy about having him play between the pipes if Halak isn’t feeling 100%.
You can view the incident as well as a summary of the St. Louis-San Jose game below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)