Apr 14, 2012, 11:06 PM EST
After the contest, Blues coach Ken Hitchcock revealed that Halak has sustained a lower body injury. He will be evaluated further on Sunday, but we do know that he will travel with the Blues to San Jose. That being said, St. Louis has already reportedly recalled netminder Jake Allen, so the injury might be significant.
Halak has done a fine job in net for the Blues in this series, but they have another superb goaltender in Brian Elliott. When Halak went down on Saturday, Elliott filled in and led the Blues to a 3-0 shutout victory. Elliott led the NHL in GAA and save percentage in the regular season, so the Blues shouldn’t be shy about having him play between the pipes if Halak isn’t feeling 100%.
You can view the incident as well as a summary of the St. Louis-San Jose game below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 0
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11