Apr 14, 2012, 2:54 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes can rest a little easier going into tonight’s Game 2 against Chicago.
After seeing top goal scorer Radim Vrbata leave Game 1 with an upper body injury, Brian Hamilton of the Chicago Tribune reports he’ll be back in the team’s lineup tonight as the Coyotes look to defend home ice and take a 2-0 series lead.
As Vrbata goes, the Coyotes offense generally goes and getting him back tonight will help make life a little easier for Phoenix. Vrbata led the Coyotes in goals this season scoring 35 times and finishing second to Ray Whitney in points. The Coyotes were able to beat Chicago in overtime in Game 1 without Vrbata, but going without him for an extended period isn’t a good recipe for success.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 36
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)