Apr 14, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes can rest a little easier going into tonight’s Game 2 against Chicago.
After seeing top goal scorer Radim Vrbata leave Game 1 with an upper body injury, Brian Hamilton of the Chicago Tribune reports he’ll be back in the team’s lineup tonight as the Coyotes look to defend home ice and take a 2-0 series lead.
As Vrbata goes, the Coyotes offense generally goes and getting him back tonight will help make life a little easier for Phoenix. Vrbata led the Coyotes in goals this season scoring 35 times and finishing second to Ray Whitney in points. The Coyotes were able to beat Chicago in overtime in Game 1 without Vrbata, but going without him for an extended period isn’t a good recipe for success.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)