Apr 14, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes can rest a little easier going into tonight’s Game 2 against Chicago.
After seeing top goal scorer Radim Vrbata leave Game 1 with an upper body injury, Brian Hamilton of the Chicago Tribune reports he’ll be back in the team’s lineup tonight as the Coyotes look to defend home ice and take a 2-0 series lead.
As Vrbata goes, the Coyotes offense generally goes and getting him back tonight will help make life a little easier for Phoenix. Vrbata led the Coyotes in goals this season scoring 35 times and finishing second to Ray Whitney in points. The Coyotes were able to beat Chicago in overtime in Game 1 without Vrbata, but going without him for an extended period isn’t a good recipe for success.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 36
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 27
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25