Apr 14, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes can rest a little easier going into tonight’s Game 2 against Chicago.
After seeing top goal scorer Radim Vrbata leave Game 1 with an upper body injury, Brian Hamilton of the Chicago Tribune reports he’ll be back in the team’s lineup tonight as the Coyotes look to defend home ice and take a 2-0 series lead.
As Vrbata goes, the Coyotes offense generally goes and getting him back tonight will help make life a little easier for Phoenix. Vrbata led the Coyotes in goals this season scoring 35 times and finishing second to Ray Whitney in points. The Coyotes were able to beat Chicago in overtime in Game 1 without Vrbata, but going without him for an extended period isn’t a good recipe for success.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)