Apr 14, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes can rest a little easier going into tonight’s Game 2 against Chicago.
After seeing top goal scorer Radim Vrbata leave Game 1 with an upper body injury, Brian Hamilton of the Chicago Tribune reports he’ll be back in the team’s lineup tonight as the Coyotes look to defend home ice and take a 2-0 series lead.
As Vrbata goes, the Coyotes offense generally goes and getting him back tonight will help make life a little easier for Phoenix. Vrbata led the Coyotes in goals this season scoring 35 times and finishing second to Ray Whitney in points. The Coyotes were able to beat Chicago in overtime in Game 1 without Vrbata, but going without him for an extended period isn’t a good recipe for success.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)