Apr 14, 2012, 12:59 AM EDT
The same night the Stanley Cup favorites fell behind 2-0 in their first-round series, the Presidents’ Trophy winners did the exact same thing.
Indeed, the Vancouver Canucks lost, 4-2, to the Los Angeles Kings Friday at Rogers Arena.
The series shifts to the Staples Center for Game 3 on Sunday.
A few things to mull over in the comments section:
—-Remember when the Kings were going to trade Dustin Brown? Yeah, he had two goals and an assist tonight, and his two goals were scored shorthanded.
—-Speaking of those two shorthanded goals, the Canucks went 0-5 with the man advantage and are now 0-10 in the series. The power play was a huge concern for Vancouver down the stretch, and it’s carried over into the playoffs.
—-Jonathan Quick stopped 46 of Vancouver’s 48 shots.
—-Considering the Kings only lost twice in regulation in their last 14 games of the regular season, should we even be surprised they’re two games from eliminating the Canucks? Los Angeles is a good team that underachieved early.
—-If there wasn’t pressure on Daniel Sedin to come back from a concussion before, there is now.
—-Vancouver was 24-12-5 on the road this season, the second best away record in the NHL.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 4
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)