Apr 14, 2012, 12:59 AM EST
The same night the Stanley Cup favorites fell behind 2-0 in their first-round series, the Presidents’ Trophy winners did the exact same thing.
Indeed, the Vancouver Canucks lost, 4-2, to the Los Angeles Kings Friday at Rogers Arena.
The series shifts to the Staples Center for Game 3 on Sunday.
A few things to mull over in the comments section:
—-Remember when the Kings were going to trade Dustin Brown? Yeah, he had two goals and an assist tonight, and his two goals were scored shorthanded.
—-Speaking of those two shorthanded goals, the Canucks went 0-5 with the man advantage and are now 0-10 in the series. The power play was a huge concern for Vancouver down the stretch, and it’s carried over into the playoffs.
—-Jonathan Quick stopped 46 of Vancouver’s 48 shots.
—-Considering the Kings only lost twice in regulation in their last 14 games of the regular season, should we even be surprised they’re two games from eliminating the Canucks? Los Angeles is a good team that underachieved early.
—-If there wasn’t pressure on Daniel Sedin to come back from a concussion before, there is now.
—-Vancouver was 24-12-5 on the road this season, the second best away record in the NHL.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)