Apr 14, 2012, 12:59 AM EST
The same night the Stanley Cup favorites fell behind 2-0 in their first-round series, the Presidents’ Trophy winners did the exact same thing.
Indeed, the Vancouver Canucks lost, 4-2, to the Los Angeles Kings Friday at Rogers Arena.
The series shifts to the Staples Center for Game 3 on Sunday.
A few things to mull over in the comments section:
—-Remember when the Kings were going to trade Dustin Brown? Yeah, he had two goals and an assist tonight, and his two goals were scored shorthanded.
—-Speaking of those two shorthanded goals, the Canucks went 0-5 with the man advantage and are now 0-10 in the series. The power play was a huge concern for Vancouver down the stretch, and it’s carried over into the playoffs.
—-Jonathan Quick stopped 46 of Vancouver’s 48 shots.
—-Considering the Kings only lost twice in regulation in their last 14 games of the regular season, should we even be surprised they’re two games from eliminating the Canucks? Los Angeles is a good team that underachieved early.
—-If there wasn’t pressure on Daniel Sedin to come back from a concussion before, there is now.
—-Vancouver was 24-12-5 on the road this season, the second best away record in the NHL.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)