Apr 14, 2012, 12:59 AM EDT
The same night the Stanley Cup favorites fell behind 2-0 in their first-round series, the Presidents’ Trophy winners did the exact same thing.
Indeed, the Vancouver Canucks lost, 4-2, to the Los Angeles Kings Friday at Rogers Arena.
The series shifts to the Staples Center for Game 3 on Sunday.
A few things to mull over in the comments section:
—-Remember when the Kings were going to trade Dustin Brown? Yeah, he had two goals and an assist tonight, and his two goals were scored shorthanded.
—-Speaking of those two shorthanded goals, the Canucks went 0-5 with the man advantage and are now 0-10 in the series. The power play was a huge concern for Vancouver down the stretch, and it’s carried over into the playoffs.
—-Jonathan Quick stopped 46 of Vancouver’s 48 shots.
—-Considering the Kings only lost twice in regulation in their last 14 games of the regular season, should we even be surprised they’re two games from eliminating the Canucks? Los Angeles is a good team that underachieved early.
—-If there wasn’t pressure on Daniel Sedin to come back from a concussion before, there is now.
—-Vancouver was 24-12-5 on the road this season, the second best away record in the NHL.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup