Apr 14, 2012, 12:59 AM EST
The same night the Stanley Cup favorites fell behind 2-0 in their first-round series, the Presidents’ Trophy winners did the exact same thing.
Indeed, the Vancouver Canucks lost, 4-2, to the Los Angeles Kings Friday at Rogers Arena.
The series shifts to the Staples Center for Game 3 on Sunday.
A few things to mull over in the comments section:
—-Remember when the Kings were going to trade Dustin Brown? Yeah, he had two goals and an assist tonight, and his two goals were scored shorthanded.
—-Speaking of those two shorthanded goals, the Canucks went 0-5 with the man advantage and are now 0-10 in the series. The power play was a huge concern for Vancouver down the stretch, and it’s carried over into the playoffs.
—-Jonathan Quick stopped 46 of Vancouver’s 48 shots.
—-Considering the Kings only lost twice in regulation in their last 14 games of the regular season, should we even be surprised they’re two games from eliminating the Canucks? Los Angeles is a good team that underachieved early.
—-If there wasn’t pressure on Daniel Sedin to come back from a concussion before, there is now.
—-Vancouver was 24-12-5 on the road this season, the second best away record in the NHL.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)