Apr 14, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
After dropping Game 1 in double-overtime, you had to figure Blues coach Ken Hitchcock was going to switch things up a bit for Game 2. As it turns out, one surprising name is on his list to be scratched for tonight’s game against the Sharks.
According to Lou Korac of NHL.com, power forward Chris Stewart and tough guy Ryan Reaves will both have a seat in the press box for St. Louis and taking their spot will be B.J. Crombeen and Chris Porter. The big name here is Stewart as he was acquired from Colorado last season in the blockbuster deal that saw Erik Johnson head to the Avalanche.
While Stewart thrived in St. Louis last season, this season has seen things go a bit differently for him and Blues fans have been clamoring to see him either show his old form or have a seat upstairs. Turns out they’ll see the latter happen for Game 2 as Stewart’s play has suffered of late.
Hitchcock going with a bit of a tougher lineup against the Sharks is a curious move and one that he’s hoping will light a fire under the team to even the series up before heading to San Jose for Game 3.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8