Apr 14, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
After dropping Game 1 in double-overtime, you had to figure Blues coach Ken Hitchcock was going to switch things up a bit for Game 2. As it turns out, one surprising name is on his list to be scratched for tonight’s game against the Sharks.
According to Lou Korac of NHL.com, power forward Chris Stewart and tough guy Ryan Reaves will both have a seat in the press box for St. Louis and taking their spot will be B.J. Crombeen and Chris Porter. The big name here is Stewart as he was acquired from Colorado last season in the blockbuster deal that saw Erik Johnson head to the Avalanche.
While Stewart thrived in St. Louis last season, this season has seen things go a bit differently for him and Blues fans have been clamoring to see him either show his old form or have a seat upstairs. Turns out they’ll see the latter happen for Game 2 as Stewart’s play has suffered of late.
Hitchcock going with a bit of a tougher lineup against the Sharks is a curious move and one that he’s hoping will light a fire under the team to even the series up before heading to San Jose for Game 3.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 6
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)