Apr 14, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
After dropping Game 1 in double-overtime, you had to figure Blues coach Ken Hitchcock was going to switch things up a bit for Game 2. As it turns out, one surprising name is on his list to be scratched for tonight’s game against the Sharks.
According to Lou Korac of NHL.com, power forward Chris Stewart and tough guy Ryan Reaves will both have a seat in the press box for St. Louis and taking their spot will be B.J. Crombeen and Chris Porter. The big name here is Stewart as he was acquired from Colorado last season in the blockbuster deal that saw Erik Johnson head to the Avalanche.
While Stewart thrived in St. Louis last season, this season has seen things go a bit differently for him and Blues fans have been clamoring to see him either show his old form or have a seat upstairs. Turns out they’ll see the latter happen for Game 2 as Stewart’s play has suffered of late.
Hitchcock going with a bit of a tougher lineup against the Sharks is a curious move and one that he’s hoping will light a fire under the team to even the series up before heading to San Jose for Game 3.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5