Apr 14, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
After dropping Game 1 in double-overtime, you had to figure Blues coach Ken Hitchcock was going to switch things up a bit for Game 2. As it turns out, one surprising name is on his list to be scratched for tonight’s game against the Sharks.
According to Lou Korac of NHL.com, power forward Chris Stewart and tough guy Ryan Reaves will both have a seat in the press box for St. Louis and taking their spot will be B.J. Crombeen and Chris Porter. The big name here is Stewart as he was acquired from Colorado last season in the blockbuster deal that saw Erik Johnson head to the Avalanche.
While Stewart thrived in St. Louis last season, this season has seen things go a bit differently for him and Blues fans have been clamoring to see him either show his old form or have a seat upstairs. Turns out they’ll see the latter happen for Game 2 as Stewart’s play has suffered of late.
Hitchcock going with a bit of a tougher lineup against the Sharks is a curious move and one that he’s hoping will light a fire under the team to even the series up before heading to San Jose for Game 3.
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 0
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 12
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 19
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 29
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 15
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)