Apr 14, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
After dropping Game 1 in double-overtime, you had to figure Blues coach Ken Hitchcock was going to switch things up a bit for Game 2. As it turns out, one surprising name is on his list to be scratched for tonight’s game against the Sharks.
According to Lou Korac of NHL.com, power forward Chris Stewart and tough guy Ryan Reaves will both have a seat in the press box for St. Louis and taking their spot will be B.J. Crombeen and Chris Porter. The big name here is Stewart as he was acquired from Colorado last season in the blockbuster deal that saw Erik Johnson head to the Avalanche.
While Stewart thrived in St. Louis last season, this season has seen things go a bit differently for him and Blues fans have been clamoring to see him either show his old form or have a seat upstairs. Turns out they’ll see the latter happen for Game 2 as Stewart’s play has suffered of late.
Hitchcock going with a bit of a tougher lineup against the Sharks is a curious move and one that he’s hoping will light a fire under the team to even the series up before heading to San Jose for Game 3.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 40
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 17
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 13
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)