Apr 14, 2012, 5:31 PM EST
Know who Vancouver’s starting goaltender will be in Game 3 on Sunday? Can you tell Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider, because Canucks coach Alain Vigneault hasn’t informed even them yet. It’s not because Vigneault still isn’t sure, at least not according to Elliotte Friedman.
Vigneault knows who will play between the pipes on Sunday. He’s just not telling us or even his goaltenders yet.
Roberto Luongo hasn’t been horrible, but the Canucks haven’t been winning either and that’s led some people to call for a change. Of course, we shouldn’t forget that there were some people who would have named Schneider as their starting goaltender for Game 1.
Before this series began, we asked if Luongo would be on a short leash. In addition, we wondered what would happen if the Canucks lost two playoff games in a row. Well, we’re about to get an answer. Just not yet, because Vigneault wants to keep it a secret for a little bit longer.
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 0
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 21
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 13
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8