Apr 14, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
Know who Vancouver’s starting goaltender will be in Game 3 on Sunday? Can you tell Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider, because Canucks coach Alain Vigneault hasn’t informed even them yet. It’s not because Vigneault still isn’t sure, at least not according to Elliotte Friedman.
Vigneault knows who will play between the pipes on Sunday. He’s just not telling us or even his goaltenders yet.
Roberto Luongo hasn’t been horrible, but the Canucks haven’t been winning either and that’s led some people to call for a change. Of course, we shouldn’t forget that there were some people who would have named Schneider as their starting goaltender for Game 1.
Before this series began, we asked if Luongo would be on a short leash. In addition, we wondered what would happen if the Canucks lost two playoff games in a row. Well, we’re about to get an answer. Just not yet, because Vigneault wants to keep it a secret for a little bit longer.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25