Apr 14, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
Know who Vancouver’s starting goaltender will be in Game 3 on Sunday? Can you tell Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider, because Canucks coach Alain Vigneault hasn’t informed even them yet. It’s not because Vigneault still isn’t sure, at least not according to Elliotte Friedman.
Vigneault knows who will play between the pipes on Sunday. He’s just not telling us or even his goaltenders yet.
Roberto Luongo hasn’t been horrible, but the Canucks haven’t been winning either and that’s led some people to call for a change. Of course, we shouldn’t forget that there were some people who would have named Schneider as their starting goaltender for Game 1.
Before this series began, we asked if Luongo would be on a short leash. In addition, we wondered what would happen if the Canucks lost two playoff games in a row. Well, we’re about to get an answer. Just not yet, because Vigneault wants to keep it a secret for a little bit longer.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 4
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 11
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13