Schneider claims Canucks hate isn’t warranted, then takes a swipe at Oilers

Apr 13, 2012, 9:30 AM EST

Cory Schneider

A commonly held belief is that Canadians outside of British Columbia hate the Canucks. The Toronto Stars’ Damien Cox took to Twitter on Wednesday to call them “divers and fakers” and said that’s why the “rest of country hates ‘em.” The Los Angeles Kings’ official twitter made reference to that belief. After earning a 4-2 win over Vancouver in Game 1, the Kings tweeted, “To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you’re welcome.”

As you might imaging, Canucks goaltender Cory Schneider doesn’t feel these attacks on the Canucks are warranted.

“What’s frustrating to us is when the national media and people outside the city parachute in and form these opinions,” Schneider said. “They take things for facts that aren’t really facts. If you talk to us and spend any time with us, you understand we’re good guys.”

Schneider went on to explain that the Canucks are hated because they’re a good team and it simply comes with the territory. He then added, “Nobody cares about Edmonton so nobody hates them. It’s that simple.”

I guess taking a swipe at the Oilers is a good way to show that your team is full of misunderstood “good guys.” That aside, Schneider has a point to an extent. There are people who will be envious and even angry if a team outside their city is excels. We tend to like seeing the underdogs overcome the odds if we don’t regard the favorites as our team. Still, that’s not always the case and there are good teams that are also well liked.

As for the Oilers, well, given that they are scheduled to pick first overall for the third straight year and with the core they’re building, they should be a pretty strong team in a few seasons. At that point, we’ll see if people give them the Canucks treatment.

1. bucrightoff - Apr 13, 2012 at 9:40 AM

While I’m certainly no Edmonton fan, I believe the championship scoreboard reads Edmonton 5, Vancouver 0. Why most Canadians hate the Canucks is their players and fans sure do chirp a lot for a franchise that has more riots than cups.

• elvispocomo - Apr 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM

So, you still think Madonna, Rick Astley, Debbie Gibson and Flock of Seagulls are relevant too? It’s great that Edmonton’s won cups, but that was 20+ years ago. The Leafs have won cups too, do people care about them?

All he’s saying is the teams at the top often incur the most hate. They get more press from the media, and more attention from opposing team’s fans. Unfortunately it’s the most vocal that drive the perception, when it may not actually have basis in fact.

Seems this Angus Reid poll disagrees with you’re perception:

• nekelund - Apr 13, 2012 at 6:42 PM

You are correct that the Maple Leafs are the most disliked team in Canada. That is for 2 main reasons:

1) The sense of entitlement and perpetual feeling among Maple Leafs fans that they deserve to win and are going to win the Stanley Cup every year (for US fans, imagine 40+ consecutive years of Rex-Ryan-esque boasts every single season); and

2) The excessive degree of media coverage devoted to the Leafs, to the point where TSN and CBC take pains to give endless reports about the Maple Leafs even if they are not playing, are terrible or have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. This point is enhanced by the fact that this persists, including a CBC game every Saturday, despite the persistent poor play of the team.

As for Vancouver, they are treading into this territory, as Vancouver and its fans are behaving as though they are destined or somehow deserve to win the Cup and can’t understand why the rest of Canada doesn’t believe in them and the media are paying disproportionate attention to them. That’s why they are well on pace to earn the moniker “Toronto Maple Leafs-West”

2. porkcrisp - Apr 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Actually, Vancouver has won the Stanley Cup.

• elvispocomo - Apr 13, 2012 at 11:56 AM

While it’s true the Millionares did win the Cup, it has as much relevance as bucrightoff referencing Edmonton’s previous wins. You could make a case for recent wins being a factor in the current team, but otherwise it has no bearing on the chances now, just the franchise’s history.

• bruinshockey35 - Apr 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I just got an account to mention how much of a dumbass you are. you are a big dumbass.

3. eastcoastblows - Apr 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM

When? Look it up silly

4. bergeronforselke - Apr 13, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Actual twitter message from Edmonton’s girlfriend: @COREY SNYDER’S GIRLFRIEND!! Control your backup loser!. Haterz gonna hate #Canucks #haterz

5. porkcrisp - Apr 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM

1915, never wrote that it was the Canucks. Just that the city of Vancouver has won the Stanley Cup.

Look it up sillier.

• drewsylvania - Apr 13, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Wow, that was weak.

• davebabychreturns - Apr 13, 2012 at 11:54 AM

So where’s the cutoff when it comes to this kind of ridiculous fallback on past glory?

In my opinion it shouldn’t come up at all, so maybe I’m unfamiliar with the protocol.. where have people arbitrarily drawn the line as to which Stanley Cups are relevant and which aren’t?

PS. If we’re going down this road then I guess we can all just shut our traps and let the Canadiens fans lord their 23 cups over everyone else..

• elvispocomo - Apr 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Agreed dave, and I said as much above. All of Montreal’s past cups mean nothing this year – it didn’t even earn them a better draft lottery pick!

• cableguymike - Apr 13, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I’m pretty sure I won a Stanley Cup back when there were only 6 teams. It really wasn’t that hard.

6. bucrightoff - Apr 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM

The Victoria Cougars on Vancouver Island have won a Stanley Cup (1925 I think). But the city of Vancouver has not. In fact only Vancouver and Winnipeg haven’t won cups as far as current Canadian franchises go.

• nekelund - Apr 13, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Technically, the Ottawa Senators have not won a Cup in their current incarnation. While the Ottawa Senators of yore (the “Silver Seven”) did win several Cups, the current franchise is not a continuation of the original team, having been out of the NHL for over 50 years.

7. groess - Apr 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Yeah, the Vancouver Millionaires of 1915 don’t count. The Canucks are a bunch of punks. I thought they might have learned a lesson last year but anytime you have chumps like Burrows and lapierre and Bieksa and Kesler, you’re gonna get a lot of haters…and rightfully so!

8. warpstonebc - Apr 13, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Oh please, it’s the same point even Hitchcock made: only good teams get hated. A lot of people hated the Oilers dynasty of the 80s. Now, even with a few dedicated goons, nobody really cares what Edmonton does.

It’s not a big surprise the Edmonton quickly came to Schneider’s mind. Keep in mind that this is fresh off a final game of the regular season where Eager went headhunting for Canucks stars after getting his clock cleaned on a legal hit by Lapierre.

• thatsdoinit - Apr 13, 2012 at 10:27 AM

That was Hordichuck.

• warpstonebc - Apr 13, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Yup, you’re right. Sorry, Hordi got nailed and then he and Eager tried to make an impression using their “skills” thereafter.

I actually think Eager is a decent flea. Butt he point remains that if the Oilers were even a team that were in contention for the playoffs, their goons and agitators would be far more notable rather than toiling in obscurity for a team that’s rarely on national highlight reels.

9. thatsdoinit - Apr 13, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I’m a loyal Oiler fan, and I live in Vancouver. One of the main reasons I hate the Canucks is because of their fans. The bandwagon jumping masses. When the Canucks are winning, they chirp all day long. I have no problem with smack talk, but when you can’t name 4 defenseman on your team you need to shut the f up. I don’t hate the Canucks out of envy, I can’t respect the embellishments or the fans who are disloyal. I hate the fans who beak off after they’ve dusted off their jerseys once the playoffs have started.

Last year, I told one said bandwagoner to name four defenseman, and he honestly fired out “o’brien and Ohlund”. The ignorance and cockiness is unreal. Even the fact that the mayor of Vancouver wanted the NHL to help pay for damages caused in the riots tells you something. The fact that there were riots at all days something too.

Leading up to game one on Wednesday, all I heard was chirping. Especially after the Canucks had smashed my oilers last Saturday. Once the kings took game one, those same smack talkers all said “Meh I didn’t watch the game” or “Ahh I don’t care about hockey”. Funny how fast the wagon empties.

And yeah, it’s tough being an oiler fan. Especially the last six years. I know my team sucks right now. You can’t get much worse than what we are. I have no delusions about it. And yeah, I’m aware that Taylor Hall can be a bit of a whiner too, and trust me, I hate that crap. But I’ve bought in to the rebuild, and I’ll stay with them through the good times and the bad, because that’s what you do as a fan. It’s called loyalty, Vancouver.

• thatsdoinit - Apr 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM

And I do know that there are some loyal canuckers out there. I respect that. It’s just too bad that there’s way more idiots out there that give you good fans a bad name.

• warpstonebc - Apr 13, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I don’t disagree with you. Vancouver is a bandwagon town and we have our share of really stupid fans. Still, how does that besmirch the team other than to say they price the tickets to high that only yuppies can afford them?

But the reputation stuff is overblown. Name me a single team that wouldn’t want an agitator with top 6 scoring touch like Burrows for only $2m a season? No doubt, I would hate him on another team, but Chicago fans would say the same of Bolland or Boston fans of Marchand.

It’s hockey. Hatred is one of the sincerest forms of respect anyone will ever give you.

• homelanddefense - Apr 13, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Warpstonebc…you are right Im a Bruins fan and I hate Marchand. Problem is he is the only buy we have like that…..you have many.

• nekelund - Apr 13, 2012 at 6:52 PM

WarpstoneBC, how many of Burrows’ points are due to his prowess, and how many are due to him being the third wheel on the Sedin brothers’ line? Dave Semenko had a number of good seasons playing on a line with Wayne Gretzky and Jari Kurri, but let me assure you that Oilers fans know that he was nothing but an enforcer, albeit one off of whom Gretzky could deflect pucks into the goal.

Don’t get me wrong; I nearly won my hockey pool picking Burrows in a late round, but if he wasn’t on the top line most of the time, nobody would know his name as anything but a thug.

• prolibertate85 - Apr 13, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I’m a Canucks fan and I went to Rexall place for the first Oilers-Canucks match-up of the year. We got chirped all night for having never won a cup. At the end of the night I asked one of them when the last time the Oilers won a cup was, his response: “uhhh 1989.”

No dumb dumb, it was actually 1990 but thanks for coming out.

See, I have anecdotes about ignorant oiler fans as well!
      The point is you can cherry pick examples from any fanbase, I’m not sure why Canucks fans get singled out.

• thatsdoinit - Apr 13, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Fair enough. And had I bore witness to that, I probably would have chirped that fellow oiler fan for being an idiot. If people are going to talk smack, at least have the decency to know what you’re talking about.

On a personal note, I single out Canuck fans because I live in Vancouver and I see it on a daily basis. That’s all.

10. lordstanley65 - Apr 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Excellent take. Right on point,man!

11. geo91 - Apr 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM

People didn’t hate the back to back Stanley Cup Red Wings teams as much as the Canucks so it’s not about being good, it’s about having scummy guys like Lapierre and Burrows on the team.

• elvispocomo - Apr 13, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Some teams are exceptions to the rule, but look at Pittsburgh, Boston, Chicago, etc. They certainly had an increase in hate directed their way after becoming good teams/winning the Cup.

Answer this at least: would Vancouver have all the attention it does now if they were a draft lottery team?

Even if they hadn’t made the SCF last year, they would not have garnered the national media attention (both for Canada and the US) they did and there would still be people oblivious to who’s on the Canucks roster. Bruce Boudreau said it after getting hired by the Ducks, the travel and focus teams in the West get is greatly reduced from teams in the East.

• homelanddefense - Apr 13, 2012 at 1:28 PM

The Canadiens are considered a bunch of flopping pansies too, and they are a lottery team.

Its the play of Vancouver that gets people upset. there are plenty of teams that win that arent constantly called out by national media for their play. I dont see people wringing their hands about St Louis…….

• elvispocomo - Apr 13, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Again, exceptions to the rule as both the Leafs and the Habs are pretty hated in certain circles. Some of that hate comes with having been so easy to hate for so long. Was anyone hating the Canucks in the 80’s, or in the late 90’s when they had some pretty bad years? I don’t even remember much hate until the last 2 years, apart from what we get from Calgary fans.

• prolibertate85 - Apr 13, 2012 at 1:46 PM

What kind of revisionist history is this… plenty of people hated those Red Wings and continue to hate them now. Between Holmstrom, Draper, Lapointe, Osgood and Maltby that team had more than their fair share of D-bags and detractors. Seriously, how can you not remember that?

Im calling your credibility, along with the 22 people who liked that comment, into question, unless you are all Red Wings fans then all is forgiven.

12. charlutes - Apr 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM

People hate the Canucks for one of the following reasons, for right or wrong: The Sedins are soft, Ryan Kesler and a few others are dirty, Luongo is a headcase.

I go with the Luongo thing. I just do not like the guy. He cries like a baby, literally, and he says dumb things all the time. Meanwhile his ego and numbers are always inflated by the team in front of him. Mike Smith would have the same career numbers in Vancouver. If not for management not wanting to look stupid for signing his rediculous contract Schneider would be the guy a long time ago.

can’t wait til Lou gets pushed into the net along with the puck to lose game 7 of the cup finals this year.

• kitshky - Apr 13, 2012 at 2:38 PM

A – didnt mean to comment to the guy below, my bad.
      B – I gotta point out something I missed the first time I read you comment, and it just points to the fact that you guys’ll say anything to vilify or insult the Canucks even if it totally contradicts what you’ve said earlier.

So according to you now, Luongo’s numbers are what they are because he plays for a great team thereby “inflating” his numbers … so much so that any goalie would have a great career if only he played for Vancouver. Lou’s not that good, he just benefits by playing for a successful team?

I thought they sucked and didnt really win anything and were whiners and p*ssy’s and arrogant over nothing and the most despised team in the NHL because they’re made up of useless yapping pricks and … on and on…

13. dirtydog57 - Apr 13, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I guess the Canucks strategy of wining is working making all of you winers wine about them.!!!

• kitshky - Apr 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Ya you nailed it pal … Lou’s numbers were totally inflated playing Florida, that’s why he was so eagerly sought after at the time.

(and Mike Smith is a stud soo I’m completely losing your point here)

14. blomfeld - Apr 13, 2012 at 11:23 AM

The true opposite of love is indifference, not hate …

Schneider is exactly correct … the lowly Oilers are a floundering team coached by a bona fide mental case and so nobody really cares about them … on the other hand, the Canucks are the very “best” today and “the” undisputed team to beat.

Regardless, we LA Kings are heavily engaged with them at the moment and therefore it’s important that we stay focused, as we prepare for another encounter tonight.

Press home the attack boys !

15. DTF31 - Apr 13, 2012 at 11:26 AM

It is amusing how all season the national media says how the team has changed and then one tumble by Kesler, who had played a pretty BS free season, changes it to every player falling after every stride to draw calls.

16. dropthepuckeh - Apr 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Time and time again people all over the continent express that they can’t stand the Canucks – Toronto, Chicago, LA, Boston, etc, etc. and yet the players and their pathetic fans continue to protest that it isn’t true. Talk about a reality check. People can’t stand their brand of hockey no matter how skilled their top two players may be. For whatever reason the culture of the team has taken on the theme of diving, complaining and making excuses, all while exhibiting arrogance and making generally douchey comments. People root for two teams – their home team allegiance and whomever Vancouver is playing against. I love LA right now and not because Vancouver is an elite team as some would say. I love LA because I would love to see them beat those smug guys on the Canucks who don’t deserve to win anything other than their beloved President’s Trophy. Congrats guys, now go home.

Checking in from Boston: We hate the Canucks too.

• hoovertower - Apr 13, 2012 at 11:59 AM

@dropthepuckeh, I’d expect a Boston fan to understand how teams at the top can be hated because of a spotlight effect. People can’t stand the Canucks’ brand of hockey because every dive and every ref complain is examined under a microscope. People also hate the Canucks because they’re very good, not yet Stanley Cup good, but good. To criticize their “brand of hockey” while cheering on guys like Marchand is total hypocrisy. You would think the great Boston baseball and hockey championship droughts would offer some perspective.

• dropthepuckeh - Apr 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM

@hoovertower, yes I understand the concept of the “spotlight effect” as you say and I do recognize it with many elite teams in all of sports (yankees, patriots, cowboys years ago). This isn’t the case here though, in my opinion of course. I never hated the Red Wings and they have been better than Vancouver forever. I don’t hate Tampa Bay and they won a Cup. I don’t hate Chicago (another Cup). I don’t hate Toronto and their fans are way more knowledgeable and passionate than Vancouver.

Say whatever you want about Marchand because I agree he has crossed the line with some idiotic moves. He has also answered for those moves when asked to fight and/ or with suspensions. I don’t condone his antics and I’m pretty sure Neely/ Chiarelli have spoken to him about toning it down. That said, it is not what defines the Bruins.

I understand that people hate/dislike many teams especially those that win and beat your own but this is really different. Rather than fight it and come off even more like whiners why not embrace it and give everyone else the finger? Nobody like Vancouver outside of Vancouver. Bam.

• hoovertower - Apr 13, 2012 at 12:30 PM

@dropthepuckeh, saying Bam at the end of a post doesn’t make a point stronger unless you’re Emeril. You’re right that the league-wide hate against the Canucks is different from those of other teams. The question is why and whether it’s justified. People want to hate the Canucks because they’re successful and they play a different brand of hockey. It’s true…they’re a pretty soft team that relies on finesse and skill to win games. So people can’t pin the “dirty goon” label on them, so they resort to the “diving and whining” argument (which is true, to an extent, although every single team does it).

I disagree with you about the fanbase. You won’t find a city with more loyal, passionate, and knowledgable fans than Vancouver. Every city has bandwagoners, but remember that Vancouver has more consecutive sell-outs than any other NHL team dating back to before they were good. Compare with with original six teams like Chicago, which couldn’t bring in more than 10k/game when they sucked. Many Canuck fans are annoying, to be sure, but again every city has them.

There’s also a cultural element here. Canadians can’t “embrace hate” nearly as well as fans in large American cities can. It’s part of a Vancouverite’s identity to a.) love the Canucks and b.) want to be liked by others, but unfortunately those have been incompatible in recent years.

• dropthepuckeh - Apr 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM

@hoovertower: No need to correct my writing style, you are free to write however you like. You say, “You’re right that the league-wide hate against the Canucks is different from those of other teams. The question is why and whether it’s justified. People want to hate the Canucks because they’re successful and they play a different brand of hockey.” No they don’t. You are still holding onto the argument that other fans hate your team because they are good (beautiful). You are wrong. The rest of the league cannot stand your team because your coach, your best players and your fans whine, fake injuries and fake penalties to gain the advantage on other teams. You have a skilled team which has added some toughness. They do not need to do that crap. Unfortunately it seems to be contagious as now Kessler, someone who showed some grit and character in the past, is now resorting to doing the same.

People do not respect the Canucks and their style of play because it is disrespectful to the game of hockey. If the Bruins lose in the playoffs I would obviously be disappointed but I would be happy to see Philly or LA or even Nashville be rewarded with the Cup. I do not feel the same way about Vancouver. I do not think I am alone.

• hoovertower - Apr 13, 2012 at 2:19 PM

@dropthepuckeh, no need to correct my comments on your writing style, you are free to write unnecessary “bams” as much as you’d like. You misunderstand my argument. I don’t think people dislike the Canucks because they are good; I think people see a lot of the Canucks because they are good, and scrutinize them according to a unfair standard. I can’t deny that the Canucks dive and whine, but not much more than other teams and certainly not to the extent that the Canucks have been demonized over the past two years. Take the amount of scrutiny surrounding Burrows’ bite and Horton’s bite as a prime example.

Your repeated claim that “you are not alone” is true, but it does not answer the question about whether the hate is justified. A lot of people believe a lot of stupid things. I think the claim that the Canucks’ style is “disrespectful to the game of hockey” is ignorant and misguided. I believe that Chara slamming Pac’s head into the turnbuckle and Marchand low-bridging Salo and Keith elbowing Sedin in the face is more disrespectful to the game of hockey than Burrows biting somebody’s finger or Kesler complaining about a missed call. The damage done is certainly different. Daniel is out with a concussion while Burrows hurt some feelings. But I understand that the Canucks are not innocent either (Rome and Bitz, for example) but at least I can see some different perspectives here. People love to hate the Canucks because they complain more than they fight back (both fans and team). But is this more despicable than resorting to “traditional” ways of enforcement, which results in concussions and other brutal injuries? To you and many others, the answer yes. Bam Bam Bam

• hoovertower - Apr 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I think a key point here is what you said a few posts back, that although Marchand has crossed the line in the past, his antics are not what defines the Bruins. What defines a team is very subjective and it totally depends on your perspective and information sources. My point is that the media has latched on to a part of the Canucks that is not the defining element of the team. People who follow the team closely (including many opposing coaches and journalists outside of Boston, Chicago, and Toronto) notice that skill, work ethic, and community service are far more defining features than a few peoples’ propensity for diving and whining. But because blogs like these report every instance of Canuck behavior that can be construed as “pansy,” people have their misguided definitions hardened – to the point where most people now think the Canucks are also injury fakers and cheap shot artists, when they actually commit these things less than most other teams.

• elvispocomo - Apr 13, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I posted this above, but I think it fits your comment just as well.

Seems this Angus Reid poll disagrees with your perception:

• comeonnowguys - Apr 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Only one thing in this world is absolute.

Anytime I see a 0% (or a 100%), it’s a red flag.

17. kitshky - Apr 13, 2012 at 12:23 PM

…and yet in every rink throughout North America the stands are filled with Canuck jerseys.

As a Canuck fan this sort of b*tching used to irritate to no end, but as time rolls on I realize just how irrational it is and how 90% is made of nothing but sweeping generalizations and simple sophmoric talking points Keep yapping kids.

Sidepoint, Damien Cox in an inflammatory wank job so I’m still not sure why his emotional bias is ever disected as meaningful.

18. babar61 - Apr 13, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I don’t understand when people say “I hate Vancouver because of their fans”. Every single fan base of ever sport has morons. Each and everyone. I know douchebag Canuck fans just like I know really awesome bruin fans. I also know awesome Canuck fans and douchebag bruin fans. I don’t think anyone has met the majority of an entire fanbase…to label one based on small interactions is ludicrous. As for the whole “well you haven’t won a cup so you will always suck! More cups means my team is better!” argument…well then everyone that isn’t a Montreal canadiens fan needs to shutup because they are the greatest team by far then. Then the Toronto maple leafs. How long can you ride a cup? Unless the team has recently won and has members of the championship team left, it seems irrelevant.

So is it really better right now if you are a Montreal, toronto, Edmonton, or even new York islander fan? “well we may not be on the playoffs but hey we had cups! I’d rather have a cups from a long time ago then to watch my team compete for one right now!!”

Yeah, the canucks have never won but what are fans supposed to be like. They are coming off their 2nd straight presidents trophy and were one game away from winning one. When else can I cheer loudly and have confidence this team will win?

• kitshky - Apr 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Exactly, but none of that falls into the one dimensional fan / hater talking points so I’m pretty sure most of the people here heard from you was…

*wah wah wha…wahwahwaaahha … //cue Charlie Browns teacher

19. mgp1219 - Apr 13, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Hey Corrie,
    They hate you because you’re good??? Really??? That excuse is tired.
    Maybe you shold tell everyone”Don’t hate us because we’re beautiful”. See if that one works.

They(we) hate the Cannots because of the way they fake, flop, dive and bite.

I hate the Flyers, but I damn sure respect them. as much as I hate hartnell, I would love him on my team.

20. garagehero1 - Apr 13, 2012 at 12:39 PM

It doesnt matter if other Candians hate the Canucks, none of you will win the Cup ever again. The only thing that will break the CURSE is a formal apology by the Montreal Candiens to the Kings for breaking into the Kings locker room and planting listening devices and measuring sticks during the ’93 Finals. BTW the vancouver millionaires won the Cup, as have the Seatlle Metropolitans, and Seattle would have won a second but in the 1919 Cup, which they were winning, the Canadiens suddenly ranked-out( chickenedd out is more like it) and had the the NHL cancell that years CUP. Wot a bunch of losers!!!

• kitshky - Apr 13, 2012 at 1:17 PM

….how ooldd are you!?

(jokin)

• nekelund - Apr 13, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I’m pretty sure the Influenza Epidemic, which ultimately killed Montreal’s Joe Hall and hospitalized Newsy Lalonde and others, had something to do with that…

21. garagehero1 - Apr 13, 2012 at 12:39 PM

It doesnt matter if other Candians hate the Canucks, none of you will win the Cup ever again. The only thing that will break the CURSE is a formal apology by the Montreal Candiens to the Kings for breaking into the Kings locker room and planting listening devices and measuring sticks during the ’93 Finals. BTW the vancouver millionaires won the Cup, as have the Seatlle Metropolitans, and Seattle would have won a second but in the 1919 Cup, which they were winning, the Canadiens suddenly ranked-out( chickened out is more like it) and had the the NHL cancell that years CUP. Wot a bunch of losers!!!

22. cowboyscanada - Apr 13, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Cant stand the whining Canucks! Go LA! Would love to see them get swept!

23. travishenryskid - Apr 13, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Schnieder ++ to Edmonton for Yakupov is off now?

24. bruinshockey35 - Apr 14, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Creds to him… he is a talented kid who went to BC and thats a big hockey place, and everyone loves them. Yes, fine, vancouver is somewhat of a hockey town… but they dont respect anyone outside their team and thats what schneider doesn’t realize yet. I LIKE THE GOALIE. he’s talented and he just doesn’t like being hated. but for the reccord… I’d take RASK over him any day.

Eakins on his way out of Edmonton?

Top 10 NHL Player Searches