Apr 13, 2012, 4:03 PM EDT
With all due respect to Elton John, sorry doesn’t seem to be the hardest word.
In fact, it seems pretty easy. At least in the NHL.
Yesterday, the Los Angeles Kings issued an apology for anyone who was offended by a pair of anti-Canucks tweets.
Today, Vancouver goalie Cory Schneider expressed regret over a comment he made about the Edmonton Oilers – a comment related to all the hate that’s been thrown, and continues to get thrown, the Canucks’ way.
Schneider’s theory? Hate just comes with the territory when a team wins.
“Nobody cares about Edmonton so nobody hates them. It’s that simple,” he said.
Which brings us to today.
According to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector, Schneider offered a “very sincere” apology to the Oilers and the City of Edmonton.
Tweeted Spector: “He’s a very bright and astute young [goalie] who misspoke in making an analogy that most would agree with. Said it bugged him all [Thursday] night.”
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)