Apr 13, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
In the latest PHT Extra, Mike Halford and Jason Brough — aka the Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein of hockey blogging — delved into the controversial world of NHL officiating.
The first three days of the postseason have been marked by questionable decisions, missed calls and a league-issued apology, all of which begs the question:
Should the NHL admit its big mistakes?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
In closing, we’d like to say we meant no ill will towards against Tony Sericolo, a fine veteran linesman with over 800 games of NHL experience. We also hear he makes a nice pasta fazool.
- A taste of revenge? Blackhawks deal blow to Kings’ playoff hopes 2
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 6
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18