Apr 13, 2012, 5:44 PM EST
In the latest PHT Extra, Mike Halford and Jason Brough — aka the Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein of hockey blogging — delved into the controversial world of NHL officiating.
The first three days of the postseason have been marked by questionable decisions, missed calls and a league-issued apology, all of which begs the question:
Should the NHL admit its big mistakes?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
In closing, we’d like to say we meant no ill will towards against Tony Sericolo, a fine veteran linesman with over 800 games of NHL experience. We also hear he makes a nice pasta fazool.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)