Apr 13, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
In the latest PHT Extra, Mike Halford and Jason Brough — aka the Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein of hockey blogging — delved into the controversial world of NHL officiating.
The first three days of the postseason have been marked by questionable decisions, missed calls and a league-issued apology, all of which begs the question:
Should the NHL admit its big mistakes?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
In closing, we’d like to say we meant no ill will towards against Tony Sericolo, a fine veteran linesman with over 800 games of NHL experience. We also hear he makes a nice pasta fazool.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)