Apr 13, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
In the latest PHT Extra, Mike Halford and Jason Brough — aka the Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein of hockey blogging — delved into the controversial world of NHL officiating.
The first three days of the postseason have been marked by questionable decisions, missed calls and a league-issued apology, all of which begs the question:
Should the NHL admit its big mistakes?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
In closing, we’d like to say we meant no ill will towards against Tony Sericolo, a fine veteran linesman with over 800 games of NHL experience. We also hear he makes a nice pasta fazool.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)