Apr 13, 2012, 10:14 PM EST
Todd Bertuzzi picked a fight with Shea Weber early in Friday’s game in response to Weber’s “dirty” hit against Henrik Zetterberg on Wednesday. After that it was all business. Detroit established a 2-0 lead in the first period and while Nashville was able to keep it interesting, they ultimately suffered a 3-2 defeat. Detroit has done exactly what they needed to do: get a win against Nashville at home so that they can return to Detroit with the series tied.
Let’s get the discussion started.
- The Predators have never taken a 2-0 series lead
- Bertuzzi was certainly fired up in the first period. His fight with Weber seemed to set the tone for Detroit early on, but he also made his presence known after he served his five minutes.
- Mike Babcock’s prediction that Detroit wouldn’t take any penalties on Friday certainly didn’t come true.
- On the flip side, Nashville is still looking for their first power-play goal despite plenty of opportunities.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)