Apr 13, 2012, 9:35 PM EST
At first, it looked like the New Jersey Devils would make the Florida Panthers look as bad as many expected. The Devils generated a three-goal lead in the first period while they piled up a ridiculous 26-9 shot advantage in just 20 minutes of play. Things evened out quite a bit through the rest of the game but the Devils still won 3-2 to take a 1-0 series lead.
Let’s get the discussion started.
- Martin Brodeur won his 100th playoff game (more on that soon). How many more does he have in him – both in this year’s playoffs and the rest of his career?
- Is there any concern that the Devils might get a little overconfident after a win like this – especially in front of a relatively friendly crowd?
- It’s pretty tough to pin any of this on Jose Theodore, yet Scott Clemmensen has had his old team’s number. How long will it take for people to plead with Kevin Dineen to make a goaltending change?
- For quite some time, the Devils seemed like a top-heavy team. They’ve developed some complimentary scoring this season, though, so it begs the question: how strong of a dark horse candidate can New Jersey be?
- Feel free to make a pro-Florida argument. This series is far from over, but some are likely already writing them off.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 11
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 28
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)