Apr 13, 2012, 10:26 PM EDT
Even obscure history isn’t on the Pittsburgh Penguins side after tonight’s stunning 8-5 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers, which places the Penguins in a 2-0 hole as the series switches to Philly. Both Sean Couturier and Claude Giroux collected hat tricks while the Penguins coughed up 2-0, 3-1, 4-3 and 5-4 leads in a game that must have been as unnerving for Dan Bylsma as it was entertaining for the rest of the hockey world.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Expect more on this mind-blowing game (and feel free to ramble on other topics), but here are a few things to ponder:
- For all the abuse that Ilya Bryzgalov‘s received, Marc-Andre Fleury allowed seven goals on 30 shots. Is it time to throw “MAF” under the bus?
- Speaking of playing the blame game, it’s likely that Dan Bylsma might receive some after seeing his team cough up an unnerving series of leads. Is he being out-coached by Peter Laviolette? What would you do if you were in his shoes?
- Where do Laviolette’s timeouts rank in the tide-changing timeout pantheon? If they were physical events, they’d have to be sent to the Hall of Fame, right?
- How much more does it burn for Penguins fans to see that Jaromir Jagr scored the game-winner?
- As you may have heard, the Flyers are 17-0 all-time when they’ve opened up a 2-0 series lead. Can the Penguins make history by rebounding and winning the series?
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 4
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12