Apr 13, 2012, 10:26 PM EDT
Even obscure history isn’t on the Pittsburgh Penguins side after tonight’s stunning 8-5 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers, which places the Penguins in a 2-0 hole as the series switches to Philly. Both Sean Couturier and Claude Giroux collected hat tricks while the Penguins coughed up 2-0, 3-1, 4-3 and 5-4 leads in a game that must have been as unnerving for Dan Bylsma as it was entertaining for the rest of the hockey world.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Expect more on this mind-blowing game (and feel free to ramble on other topics), but here are a few things to ponder:
- For all the abuse that Ilya Bryzgalov‘s received, Marc-Andre Fleury allowed seven goals on 30 shots. Is it time to throw “MAF” under the bus?
- Speaking of playing the blame game, it’s likely that Dan Bylsma might receive some after seeing his team cough up an unnerving series of leads. Is he being out-coached by Peter Laviolette? What would you do if you were in his shoes?
- Where do Laviolette’s timeouts rank in the tide-changing timeout pantheon? If they were physical events, they’d have to be sent to the Hall of Fame, right?
- How much more does it burn for Penguins fans to see that Jaromir Jagr scored the game-winner?
- As you may have heard, the Flyers are 17-0 all-time when they’ve opened up a 2-0 series lead. Can the Penguins make history by rebounding and winning the series?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5