Apr 13, 2012, 10:26 PM EDT
Even obscure history isn’t on the Pittsburgh Penguins side after tonight’s stunning 8-5 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers, which places the Penguins in a 2-0 hole as the series switches to Philly. Both Sean Couturier and Claude Giroux collected hat tricks while the Penguins coughed up 2-0, 3-1, 4-3 and 5-4 leads in a game that must have been as unnerving for Dan Bylsma as it was entertaining for the rest of the hockey world.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Expect more on this mind-blowing game (and feel free to ramble on other topics), but here are a few things to ponder:
- For all the abuse that Ilya Bryzgalov‘s received, Marc-Andre Fleury allowed seven goals on 30 shots. Is it time to throw “MAF” under the bus?
- Speaking of playing the blame game, it’s likely that Dan Bylsma might receive some after seeing his team cough up an unnerving series of leads. Is he being out-coached by Peter Laviolette? What would you do if you were in his shoes?
- Where do Laviolette’s timeouts rank in the tide-changing timeout pantheon? If they were physical events, they’d have to be sent to the Hall of Fame, right?
- How much more does it burn for Penguins fans to see that Jaromir Jagr scored the game-winner?
- As you may have heard, the Flyers are 17-0 all-time when they’ve opened up a 2-0 series lead. Can the Penguins make history by rebounding and winning the series?
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)