Apr 13, 2012, 10:26 PM EDT
Even obscure history isn’t on the Pittsburgh Penguins side after tonight’s stunning 8-5 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers, which places the Penguins in a 2-0 hole as the series switches to Philly. Both Sean Couturier and Claude Giroux collected hat tricks while the Penguins coughed up 2-0, 3-1, 4-3 and 5-4 leads in a game that must have been as unnerving for Dan Bylsma as it was entertaining for the rest of the hockey world.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Expect more on this mind-blowing game (and feel free to ramble on other topics), but here are a few things to ponder:
- For all the abuse that Ilya Bryzgalov‘s received, Marc-Andre Fleury allowed seven goals on 30 shots. Is it time to throw “MAF” under the bus?
- Speaking of playing the blame game, it’s likely that Dan Bylsma might receive some after seeing his team cough up an unnerving series of leads. Is he being out-coached by Peter Laviolette? What would you do if you were in his shoes?
- Where do Laviolette’s timeouts rank in the tide-changing timeout pantheon? If they were physical events, they’d have to be sent to the Hall of Fame, right?
- How much more does it burn for Penguins fans to see that Jaromir Jagr scored the game-winner?
- As you may have heard, the Flyers are 17-0 all-time when they’ve opened up a 2-0 series lead. Can the Penguins make history by rebounding and winning the series?
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 2
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 1
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 16
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 31
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)