Apr 13, 2012, 2:44 PM EST
Don’t expect to see Daniel Sedin in the Vancouver lineup tonight when the Canucks and Kings meet for Game 2 at Rogers Arena.
According to The Province, Sedin (concussion) skated by himself this morning, about 90 minutes before the rest of the team practiced.
Coach Alain Vigneault wouldn’t (or couldn’t) say if his top scorer will make the trip to Los Angeles for Sunday’s Game 3.
The Canucks are expected to make two line-up changes for Game 2.
First, Andrew Ebbett will replace the suspended Byron Bitz as the fourth-line center.
Ballard hasn’t played since Feb. 7 due to a concussion, but says he’s “all cleared and ready to go.”
Vigneault hasn’t confirmed Ballard is in, but according to TSN’s Farhan Lalji, “it seems quite obvious he is.”
So what kind of Canucks team can we expect to see tonight?
“I think our main concern tonight is going to be stay out of the [penalty] box and keep the game flowing,” said Ryan Kesler.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 30
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 35
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 80
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)