Apr 13, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Don’t expect to see Daniel Sedin in the Vancouver lineup tonight when the Canucks and Kings meet for Game 2 at Rogers Arena.
According to The Province, Sedin (concussion) skated by himself this morning, about 90 minutes before the rest of the team practiced.
Coach Alain Vigneault wouldn’t (or couldn’t) say if his top scorer will make the trip to Los Angeles for Sunday’s Game 3.
The Canucks are expected to make two line-up changes for Game 2.
First, Andrew Ebbett will replace the suspended Byron Bitz as the fourth-line center.
Ballard hasn’t played since Feb. 7 due to a concussion, but says he’s “all cleared and ready to go.”
Vigneault hasn’t confirmed Ballard is in, but according to TSN’s Farhan Lalji, “it seems quite obvious he is.”
So what kind of Canucks team can we expect to see tonight?
“I think our main concern tonight is going to be stay out of the [penalty] box and keep the game flowing,” said Ryan Kesler.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)