Apr 13, 2012, 7:35 PM EST
When you think “celebrities who would drop the puck at a Florida Panthers game,” Dan Marino might not be the first person to pop into your mind. Yet there he was tonight, wearing a No. 13 Panthers jersey to drop the ceremonial first puck for Game 1 against the New Jersey Devils.
(Video will be added if available.)
Yup, a lot has changed since the last time the Panthers played a Game 1 against the Devils (which happened exactly 12 years ago today). For one thing, Marino was just one year removed from retiring from the NFL as one of the league’s greatest passers.
Then again, when you consider the fact that they’ll try to solve Martin Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils again, it might not seem likethat much has changed. Everyone’s maybe a little bit heavier and a little bit slower, but on an unfamiliar night for Florida, it was probably nice to see some familiar faces.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (121)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)