Apr 13, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
When you think “celebrities who would drop the puck at a Florida Panthers game,” Dan Marino might not be the first person to pop into your mind. Yet there he was tonight, wearing a No. 13 Panthers jersey to drop the ceremonial first puck for Game 1 against the New Jersey Devils.
(Video will be added if available.)
Yup, a lot has changed since the last time the Panthers played a Game 1 against the Devils (which happened exactly 12 years ago today). For one thing, Marino was just one year removed from retiring from the NFL as one of the league’s greatest passers.
Then again, when you consider the fact that they’ll try to solve Martin Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils again, it might not seem likethat much has changed. Everyone’s maybe a little bit heavier and a little bit slower, but on an unfamiliar night for Florida, it was probably nice to see some familiar faces.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (37)