Apr 13, 2012, 7:35 PM EST
When you think “celebrities who would drop the puck at a Florida Panthers game,” Dan Marino might not be the first person to pop into your mind. Yet there he was tonight, wearing a No. 13 Panthers jersey to drop the ceremonial first puck for Game 1 against the New Jersey Devils.
(Video will be added if available.)
Yup, a lot has changed since the last time the Panthers played a Game 1 against the Devils (which happened exactly 12 years ago today). For one thing, Marino was just one year removed from retiring from the NFL as one of the league’s greatest passers.
Then again, when you consider the fact that they’ll try to solve Martin Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils again, it might not seem likethat much has changed. Everyone’s maybe a little bit heavier and a little bit slower, but on an unfamiliar night for Florida, it was probably nice to see some familiar faces.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)