Apr 13, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
When you think “celebrities who would drop the puck at a Florida Panthers game,” Dan Marino might not be the first person to pop into your mind. Yet there he was tonight, wearing a No. 13 Panthers jersey to drop the ceremonial first puck for Game 1 against the New Jersey Devils.
(Video will be added if available.)
Yup, a lot has changed since the last time the Panthers played a Game 1 against the Devils (which happened exactly 12 years ago today). For one thing, Marino was just one year removed from retiring from the NFL as one of the league’s greatest passers.
Then again, when you consider the fact that they’ll try to solve Martin Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils again, it might not seem likethat much has changed. Everyone’s maybe a little bit heavier and a little bit slower, but on an unfamiliar night for Florida, it was probably nice to see some familiar faces.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 4
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31