Apr 13, 2012, 11:13 PM EDT
According to an NBCSN infographic, Sean Couturier is just the third rookie in Philadelphia Flyers’ history to get a hat trick in a postseason game.
That’s a remarkable accomplishment for a 19-year-old playing in just his second NHL game and against one of the most star studded squads in the league. It’s fair to say he’s one of the reasons the Flyers earned a 8-5 victory on Friday – although in a contest that crazy, there’s never just one standout player – but Pittsburgh fans aren’t the only ones that will be feeling the pain tonight.
Philadelphia acquired the Blue Jackets first round pick as part of the Jeff Carter trade and they used it to select Couturier. Given how Carter worked out in Columbus, it’s hard for Blue Jackets fans not to wonder about what might have been, especially on a night like this.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17