Apr 13, 2012, 11:13 PM EST
According to an NBCSN infographic, Sean Couturier is just the third rookie in Philadelphia Flyers’ history to get a hat trick in a postseason game.
That’s a remarkable accomplishment for a 19-year-old playing in just his second NHL game and against one of the most star studded squads in the league. It’s fair to say he’s one of the reasons the Flyers earned a 8-5 victory on Friday – although in a contest that crazy, there’s never just one standout player – but Pittsburgh fans aren’t the only ones that will be feeling the pain tonight.
Philadelphia acquired the Blue Jackets first round pick as part of the Jeff Carter trade and they used it to select Couturier. Given how Carter worked out in Columbus, it’s hard for Blue Jackets fans not to wonder about what might have been, especially on a night like this.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 8
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54