Apr 13, 2012, 11:13 PM EDT
According to an NBCSN infographic, Sean Couturier is just the third rookie in Philadelphia Flyers’ history to get a hat trick in a postseason game.
That’s a remarkable accomplishment for a 19-year-old playing in just his second NHL game and against one of the most star studded squads in the league. It’s fair to say he’s one of the reasons the Flyers earned a 8-5 victory on Friday – although in a contest that crazy, there’s never just one standout player – but Pittsburgh fans aren’t the only ones that will be feeling the pain tonight.
Philadelphia acquired the Blue Jackets first round pick as part of the Jeff Carter trade and they used it to select Couturier. Given how Carter worked out in Columbus, it’s hard for Blue Jackets fans not to wonder about what might have been, especially on a night like this.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 22
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 10
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)