Apr 13, 2012, 11:13 PM EDT
According to an NBCSN infographic, Sean Couturier is just the third rookie in Philadelphia Flyers’ history to get a hat trick in a postseason game.
That’s a remarkable accomplishment for a 19-year-old playing in just his second NHL game and against one of the most star studded squads in the league. It’s fair to say he’s one of the reasons the Flyers earned a 8-5 victory on Friday – although in a contest that crazy, there’s never just one standout player – but Pittsburgh fans aren’t the only ones that will be feeling the pain tonight.
Philadelphia acquired the Blue Jackets first round pick as part of the Jeff Carter trade and they used it to select Couturier. Given how Carter worked out in Columbus, it’s hard for Blue Jackets fans not to wonder about what might have been, especially on a night like this.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 4
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)