Apr 13, 2012, 11:59 AM EST
If there’s one difference I’ve noticed between last year’s Canucks fans and this year’s, it’s their willingness (or lack thereof) to excuse their team’s embellishing and other antics.
Yesterday when I tweeted that Ryan Kesler should knock off the extracurricular nonsense, it was met with almost universal support from followers in Vancouver.
Apparently Canucks coach Alain Vigneault is feeling the same way.
“I think we’ve proven in the past we’re a better team when we play whistle to whistle and we play hockey,” he said, as per The Province. “Maybe those will be some of the things we’re going to address.”
It’s not totally clear how Vigneault plans to address the chirping, but it should be noted UPS just delivered a crate of these to the Canucks’ dressing room.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 30
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 35
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 80
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)