Apr 13, 2012, 11:59 AM EDT
If there’s one difference I’ve noticed between last year’s Canucks fans and this year’s, it’s their willingness (or lack thereof) to excuse their team’s embellishing and other antics.
Yesterday when I tweeted that Ryan Kesler should knock off the extracurricular nonsense, it was met with almost universal support from followers in Vancouver.
Apparently Canucks coach Alain Vigneault is feeling the same way.
“I think we’ve proven in the past we’re a better team when we play whistle to whistle and we play hockey,” he said, as per The Province. “Maybe those will be some of the things we’re going to address.”
It’s not totally clear how Vigneault plans to address the chirping, but it should be noted UPS just delivered a crate of these to the Canucks’ dressing room.
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 17
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)