Apr 13, 2012, 11:59 AM EDT
If there’s one difference I’ve noticed between last year’s Canucks fans and this year’s, it’s their willingness (or lack thereof) to excuse their team’s embellishing and other antics.
Yesterday when I tweeted that Ryan Kesler should knock off the extracurricular nonsense, it was met with almost universal support from followers in Vancouver.
Apparently Canucks coach Alain Vigneault is feeling the same way.
“I think we’ve proven in the past we’re a better team when we play whistle to whistle and we play hockey,” he said, as per The Province. “Maybe those will be some of the things we’re going to address.”
It’s not totally clear how Vigneault plans to address the chirping, but it should be noted UPS just delivered a crate of these to the Canucks’ dressing room.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 0
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 20
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22