Apr 13, 2012, 11:59 AM EDT
If there’s one difference I’ve noticed between last year’s Canucks fans and this year’s, it’s their willingness (or lack thereof) to excuse their team’s embellishing and other antics.
Yesterday when I tweeted that Ryan Kesler should knock off the extracurricular nonsense, it was met with almost universal support from followers in Vancouver.
Apparently Canucks coach Alain Vigneault is feeling the same way.
“I think we’ve proven in the past we’re a better team when we play whistle to whistle and we play hockey,” he said, as per The Province. “Maybe those will be some of the things we’re going to address.”
It’s not totally clear how Vigneault plans to address the chirping, but it should be noted UPS just delivered a crate of these to the Canucks’ dressing room.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5