Apr 13, 2012, 11:59 AM EDT
If there’s one difference I’ve noticed between last year’s Canucks fans and this year’s, it’s their willingness (or lack thereof) to excuse their team’s embellishing and other antics.
Yesterday when I tweeted that Ryan Kesler should knock off the extracurricular nonsense, it was met with almost universal support from followers in Vancouver.
Apparently Canucks coach Alain Vigneault is feeling the same way.
“I think we’ve proven in the past we’re a better team when we play whistle to whistle and we play hockey,” he said, as per The Province. “Maybe those will be some of the things we’re going to address.”
It’s not totally clear how Vigneault plans to address the chirping, but it should be noted UPS just delivered a crate of these to the Canucks’ dressing room.
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 0
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)