Apr 13, 2012, 12:39 AM EDT
You had to know it just couldn’t be that easy.
The Phoenix Coyotes seemed to be on their way to a tight 2-1 win to close out a great night of hockey, but the Chicago Blackhawks sent the third game of Thursday into overtime. That makes three out of four for tonight and four out of seven in two action-packed opening nights of postseason pucks.
The Blackhawks took a 1-0 lead early on thanks to Jonathan Toews‘ “I’m back” tally but the Coyotes scored what might be a controversial goal to make it 1-1. Phoenix then bumped its lead to 2-1 but Brent Seabrook jumped on a loose puck to score into a wide-open net to make it 2-2 with about 15 seconds left.
Sure there are things like “sleep” and “responsibilities” standing in your way now that we’re getting in the wee hours of the night, but hey – it’s Friday already in many areas. You can slog through a yawn-filled final day of the week for more Hawks-‘Yotes, can’t you? (If the answer’s “Yes,” tune to NBC Sports Network.)
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25