Apr 13, 2012, 12:39 AM EST
You had to know it just couldn’t be that easy.
The Phoenix Coyotes seemed to be on their way to a tight 2-1 win to close out a great night of hockey, but the Chicago Blackhawks sent the third game of Thursday into overtime. That makes three out of four for tonight and four out of seven in two action-packed opening nights of postseason pucks.
The Blackhawks took a 1-0 lead early on thanks to Jonathan Toews‘ “I’m back” tally but the Coyotes scored what might be a controversial goal to make it 1-1. Phoenix then bumped its lead to 2-1 but Brent Seabrook jumped on a loose puck to score into a wide-open net to make it 2-2 with about 15 seconds left.
Sure there are things like “sleep” and “responsibilities” standing in your way now that we’re getting in the wee hours of the night, but hey – it’s Friday already in many areas. You can slog through a yawn-filled final day of the week for more Hawks-’Yotes, can’t you? (If the answer’s “Yes,” tune to NBC Sports Network.)
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 89
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (89)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)