Apr 13, 2012, 12:39 AM EDT
You had to know it just couldn’t be that easy.
The Phoenix Coyotes seemed to be on their way to a tight 2-1 win to close out a great night of hockey, but the Chicago Blackhawks sent the third game of Thursday into overtime. That makes three out of four for tonight and four out of seven in two action-packed opening nights of postseason pucks.
The Blackhawks took a 1-0 lead early on thanks to Jonathan Toews‘ “I’m back” tally but the Coyotes scored what might be a controversial goal to make it 1-1. Phoenix then bumped its lead to 2-1 but Brent Seabrook jumped on a loose puck to score into a wide-open net to make it 2-2 with about 15 seconds left.
Sure there are things like “sleep” and “responsibilities” standing in your way now that we’re getting in the wee hours of the night, but hey – it’s Friday already in many areas. You can slog through a yawn-filled final day of the week for more Hawks-‘Yotes, can’t you? (If the answer’s “Yes,” tune to NBC Sports Network.)
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)