Apr 13, 2012, 12:39 AM EST
You had to know it just couldn’t be that easy.
The Phoenix Coyotes seemed to be on their way to a tight 2-1 win to close out a great night of hockey, but the Chicago Blackhawks sent the third game of Thursday into overtime. That makes three out of four for tonight and four out of seven in two action-packed opening nights of postseason pucks.
The Blackhawks took a 1-0 lead early on thanks to Jonathan Toews‘ “I’m back” tally but the Coyotes scored what might be a controversial goal to make it 1-1. Phoenix then bumped its lead to 2-1 but Brent Seabrook jumped on a loose puck to score into a wide-open net to make it 2-2 with about 15 seconds left.
Sure there are things like “sleep” and “responsibilities” standing in your way now that we’re getting in the wee hours of the night, but hey – it’s Friday already in many areas. You can slog through a yawn-filled final day of the week for more Hawks-‘Yotes, can’t you? (If the answer’s “Yes,” tune to NBC Sports Network.)
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)