Apr 13, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
Some big news out of Boston from CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty — according to Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli, center David Krejci is listed as day-to-day after a pane of glass fell on him while celebrating Chris Kelly‘s game-winning goal on Thursday.
Here’s the incident in question:
Chiarelli also said no determination has been made yet if Krejci will be available for Game 2.
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe reported that Krejci missed today’s practice, the only “healthy” Bruin not in attendance. (Shinzawa also notes that in addition to getting nailed with the glass, Krejci was clipped in the face by Jay Beagle during the first period.)
Krejci, 25, is Boston’s first-line center and finished third on the team in scoring this season with 23G-39A-62PTS.
Update (12:40 p.m. ET): Krejci told reporters he thinks he’ll be able to play.
And since Krejci is OK, we can laugh about this:
(Via Days of Y’Orr)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 16
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5