Apr 13, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
Some big news out of Boston from CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty — according to Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli, center David Krejci is listed as day-to-day after a pane of glass fell on him while celebrating Chris Kelly‘s game-winning goal on Thursday.
Here’s the incident in question:
Chiarelli also said no determination has been made yet if Krejci will be available for Game 2.
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe reported that Krejci missed today’s practice, the only “healthy” Bruin not in attendance. (Shinzawa also notes that in addition to getting nailed with the glass, Krejci was clipped in the face by Jay Beagle during the first period.)
Krejci, 25, is Boston’s first-line center and finished third on the team in scoring this season with 23G-39A-62PTS.
Update (12:40 p.m. ET): Krejci told reporters he thinks he’ll be able to play.
And since Krejci is OK, we can laugh about this:
(Via Days of Y’Orr)
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 17
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)