Apr 13, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
Some big news out of Boston from CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty — according to Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli, center David Krejci is listed as day-to-day after a pane of glass fell on him while celebrating Chris Kelly‘s game-winning goal on Thursday.
Here’s the incident in question:
Chiarelli also said no determination has been made yet if Krejci will be available for Game 2.
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe reported that Krejci missed today’s practice, the only “healthy” Bruin not in attendance. (Shinzawa also notes that in addition to getting nailed with the glass, Krejci was clipped in the face by Jay Beagle during the first period.)
Krejci, 25, is Boston’s first-line center and finished third on the team in scoring this season with 23G-39A-62PTS.
Update (12:40 p.m. ET): Krejci told reporters he thinks he’ll be able to play.
And since Krejci is OK, we can laugh about this:
(Via Days of Y’Orr)
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 11
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 37
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)