Apr 13, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
Some big news out of Boston from CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty — according to Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli, center David Krejci is listed as day-to-day after a pane of glass fell on him while celebrating Chris Kelly‘s game-winning goal on Thursday.
Here’s the incident in question:
Chiarelli also said no determination has been made yet if Krejci will be available for Game 2.
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe reported that Krejci missed today’s practice, the only “healthy” Bruin not in attendance. (Shinzawa also notes that in addition to getting nailed with the glass, Krejci was clipped in the face by Jay Beagle during the first period.)
Krejci, 25, is Boston’s first-line center and finished third on the team in scoring this season with 23G-39A-62PTS.
Update (12:40 p.m. ET): Krejci told reporters he thinks he’ll be able to play.
And since Krejci is OK, we can laugh about this:
(Via Days of Y’Orr)
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7