Apr 13, 2012, 12:32 PM EST
Some big news out of Boston from CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty — according to Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli, center David Krejci is listed as day-to-day after a pane of glass fell on him while celebrating Chris Kelly‘s game-winning goal on Thursday.
Here’s the incident in question:
Chiarelli also said no determination has been made yet if Krejci will be available for Game 2.
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe reported that Krejci missed today’s practice, the only “healthy” Bruin not in attendance. (Shinzawa also notes that in addition to getting nailed with the glass, Krejci was clipped in the face by Jay Beagle during the first period.)
Krejci, 25, is Boston’s first-line center and finished third on the team in scoring this season with 23G-39A-62PTS.
Update (12:40 p.m. ET): Krejci told reporters he thinks he’ll be able to play.
And since Krejci is OK, we can laugh about this:
(Via Days of Y’Orr)
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 26
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)