Apr 12, 2012, 3:55 PM EDT
According to ESPN’s Craig Custance, the Red Wings will have to get Zetterberg a new helmet.
Custance reports that Zetterberg’s helmet was cracked on the play, which occurred late in the third period of Nashville’s 3-2 Game 1 victory. NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan fined Weber $2,500 for actions deemed “reckless and reactionary,” but didn’t suspend the All-Star defenseman.
On Thursday, Zetterberg spoke about getting his head repeatedly slammed into the glass.
“You get a little dizzy right away,” he said of the Weber hit. “I thought it was dirty.
“I didn’t really know what happened when it happened. It was fun to see it afterwards. In my view, it looked pretty bad.”
Zetterberg also stated he took a base-line test after last night’s game and passed, ruling out a concussion.
No word yet on the helmet’s timetable for return, though there are fears its career could be in jeopardy.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 25
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)