Apr 12, 2012, 3:55 PM EDT
According to ESPN’s Craig Custance, the Red Wings will have to get Zetterberg a new helmet.
Custance reports that Zetterberg’s helmet was cracked on the play, which occurred late in the third period of Nashville’s 3-2 Game 1 victory. NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan fined Weber $2,500 for actions deemed “reckless and reactionary,” but didn’t suspend the All-Star defenseman.
On Thursday, Zetterberg spoke about getting his head repeatedly slammed into the glass.
“You get a little dizzy right away,” he said of the Weber hit. “I thought it was dirty.
“I didn’t really know what happened when it happened. It was fun to see it afterwards. In my view, it looked pretty bad.”
Zetterberg also stated he took a base-line test after last night’s game and passed, ruling out a concussion.
No word yet on the helmet’s timetable for return, though there are fears its career could be in jeopardy.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)