Apr 12, 2012, 3:55 PM EST
According to ESPN’s Craig Custance, the Red Wings will have to get Zetterberg a new helmet.
Custance reports that Zetterberg’s helmet was cracked on the play, which occurred late in the third period of Nashville’s 3-2 Game 1 victory. NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan fined Weber $2,500 for actions deemed “reckless and reactionary,” but didn’t suspend the All-Star defenseman.
On Thursday, Zetterberg spoke about getting his head repeatedly slammed into the glass.
“You get a little dizzy right away,” he said of the Weber hit. “I thought it was dirty.
“I didn’t really know what happened when it happened. It was fun to see it afterwards. In my view, it looked pretty bad.”
Zetterberg also stated he took a base-line test after last night’s game and passed, ruling out a concussion.
No word yet on the helmet’s timetable for return, though there are fears its career could be in jeopardy.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 7
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 9
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 8
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)