Apr 12, 2012, 3:55 PM EST
According to ESPN’s Craig Custance, the Red Wings will have to get Zetterberg a new helmet.
Custance reports that Zetterberg’s helmet was cracked on the play, which occurred late in the third period of Nashville’s 3-2 Game 1 victory. NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan fined Weber $2,500 for actions deemed “reckless and reactionary,” but didn’t suspend the All-Star defenseman.
On Thursday, Zetterberg spoke about getting his head repeatedly slammed into the glass.
“You get a little dizzy right away,” he said of the Weber hit. “I thought it was dirty.
“I didn’t really know what happened when it happened. It was fun to see it afterwards. In my view, it looked pretty bad.”
Zetterberg also stated he took a base-line test after last night’s game and passed, ruling out a concussion.
No word yet on the helmet’s timetable for return, though there are fears its career could be in jeopardy.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 12
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 9
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 4
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8