Apr 12, 2012, 9:33 PM EST
Day 1 of the playoffs was full of tight games and surprises, but the Rangers seem poised to bring us our first blowout of the postseason. The match between the Senators and New York also brought us what is arguably the most impressive goal of the playoffs so far. You can check it out below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There aren’t many people who expected the Senators to get past the Rangers and there are even less after that goal. With time winding down in the third period, Gaborik’s goal might prove to be the game-winner.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2