Apr 12, 2012, 9:33 PM EDT
Day 1 of the playoffs was full of tight games and surprises, but the Rangers seem poised to bring us our first blowout of the postseason. The match between the Senators and New York also brought us what is arguably the most impressive goal of the playoffs so far. You can check it out below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
There aren’t many people who expected the Senators to get past the Rangers and there are even less after that goal. With time winding down in the third period, Gaborik’s goal might prove to be the game-winner.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5