Apr 12, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Here are the facts: Nashville Predators defenseman Shea Weber received a $2,500 fine – but not a suspension – for bashing Detroit Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg‘s head into the glass. Meanwhile, Vancouver Canucks plugger Byron Bitz will sit out two games for boarding Los Angeles Kings player Kyle Clifford.
For some, the disparity in discipline screams hypocrisy.
Jeremy Roenick and Bill Patrick discussed the Weber non-suspension before Bitz’s suspension was handed down, but many of the same points only seem stronger – at least depending upon whom you ask – after the fact. Check out their comments in the video below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)