Apr 12, 2012, 8:10 PM EST
Here are the facts: Nashville Predators defenseman Shea Weber received a $2,500 fine – but not a suspension – for bashing Detroit Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg‘s head into the glass. Meanwhile, Vancouver Canucks plugger Byron Bitz will sit out two games for boarding Los Angeles Kings player Kyle Clifford.
For some, the disparity in discipline screams hypocrisy.
Jeremy Roenick and Bill Patrick discussed the Weber non-suspension before Bitz’s suspension was handed down, but many of the same points only seem stronger – at least depending upon whom you ask – after the fact. Check out their comments in the video below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 2
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16