Apr 12, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Here are the facts: Nashville Predators defenseman Shea Weber received a $2,500 fine – but not a suspension – for bashing Detroit Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg‘s head into the glass. Meanwhile, Vancouver Canucks plugger Byron Bitz will sit out two games for boarding Los Angeles Kings player Kyle Clifford.
For some, the disparity in discipline screams hypocrisy.
Jeremy Roenick and Bill Patrick discussed the Weber non-suspension before Bitz’s suspension was handed down, but many of the same points only seem stronger – at least depending upon whom you ask – after the fact. Check out their comments in the video below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 0
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 4
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)