Apr 12, 2012, 8:10 PM EST
Here are the facts: Nashville Predators defenseman Shea Weber received a $2,500 fine – but not a suspension – for bashing Detroit Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg‘s head into the glass. Meanwhile, Vancouver Canucks plugger Byron Bitz will sit out two games for boarding Los Angeles Kings player Kyle Clifford.
For some, the disparity in discipline screams hypocrisy.
Jeremy Roenick and Bill Patrick discussed the Weber non-suspension before Bitz’s suspension was handed down, but many of the same points only seem stronger – at least depending upon whom you ask – after the fact. Check out their comments in the video below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)