Apr 12, 2012, 10:19 PM EDT
We’re just two days into the postseason, but we’re already being treated to our second and third overtime games. (Note: there have only been six playoff games overall so far.)
After a relatively uneventful first period, the San Jose Sharks and St. Louis Blues have engaged in a back-and-forth duel.
Patrik Berglund has been the big hero for the Blues so far. He went pointless in the Blues’ four-game playoff stint back in 2009, but he could have a big impact this time around. For the Sharks, Martin Havlat found the back of the net with the man advantage. San Jose’s Andrew Desjardins netted the game-tying goal in his fourth career playoff game with just 5:16 minutes left in the third period.
Meanwhile, the Boston Bruins have dominated much of their game against the Washington Capitals, but Braden Holtby seems content to fudge the B’s plans. Holtby stopped all 29 of the Boston Bruins’ shots while Tim Thomas has only had to make 16 saves through three periods. There are plenty of other interesting matchups going on here – most obviously Alex Ovechkin vs. Zdeno Chara – but ultimately it comes down to which goalie blinks first after a 0-0 first three periods.
For viewing purposes, Sharks-Blues is on CNBC while Caps-Bruins can be found on NBC Sports Network.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 0
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 27
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (142)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)