Apr 12, 2012, 10:19 PM EDT
We’re just two days into the postseason, but we’re already being treated to our second and third overtime games. (Note: there have only been six playoff games overall so far.)
After a relatively uneventful first period, the San Jose Sharks and St. Louis Blues have engaged in a back-and-forth duel.
Patrik Berglund has been the big hero for the Blues so far. He went pointless in the Blues’ four-game playoff stint back in 2009, but he could have a big impact this time around. For the Sharks, Martin Havlat found the back of the net with the man advantage. San Jose’s Andrew Desjardins netted the game-tying goal in his fourth career playoff game with just 5:16 minutes left in the third period.
Meanwhile, the Boston Bruins have dominated much of their game against the Washington Capitals, but Braden Holtby seems content to fudge the B’s plans. Holtby stopped all 29 of the Boston Bruins’ shots while Tim Thomas has only had to make 16 saves through three periods. There are plenty of other interesting matchups going on here – most obviously Alex Ovechkin vs. Zdeno Chara – but ultimately it comes down to which goalie blinks first after a 0-0 first three periods.
For viewing purposes, Sharks-Blues is on CNBC while Caps-Bruins can be found on NBC Sports Network.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)