Apr 12, 2012, 10:19 PM EDT
We’re just two days into the postseason, but we’re already being treated to our second and third overtime games. (Note: there have only been six playoff games overall so far.)
After a relatively uneventful first period, the San Jose Sharks and St. Louis Blues have engaged in a back-and-forth duel.
Patrik Berglund has been the big hero for the Blues so far. He went pointless in the Blues’ four-game playoff stint back in 2009, but he could have a big impact this time around. For the Sharks, Martin Havlat found the back of the net with the man advantage. San Jose’s Andrew Desjardins netted the game-tying goal in his fourth career playoff game with just 5:16 minutes left in the third period.
Meanwhile, the Boston Bruins have dominated much of their game against the Washington Capitals, but Braden Holtby seems content to fudge the B’s plans. Holtby stopped all 29 of the Boston Bruins’ shots while Tim Thomas has only had to make 16 saves through three periods. There are plenty of other interesting matchups going on here – most obviously Alex Ovechkin vs. Zdeno Chara – but ultimately it comes down to which goalie blinks first after a 0-0 first three periods.
For viewing purposes, Sharks-Blues is on CNBC while Caps-Bruins can be found on NBC Sports Network.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (45)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)