Apr 12, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
With all of today’s talk about non-suspensions and cheeky tweets, here’s an actual hockey story about Pittsburgh’s power play.
Via CSNPhilly.com comes news that the Penguins will be making some adjustments after going 0-3 with the man advantage in last night’s 4-3 OT loss to the Flyers.
For starters, Sidney Crosby thinks the Pens need to take more time with the puck once they gain the attacking zone.
“We tried to get shots, which is a good mentality to have,” said Pens captain Sidney Crosby. “We probably could have been a bit more patient on the setup. It wasn’t for lack of effort. We had some bad entries, too.”
It’s always a challenge to balance patience and urgency on the power play. A team can’t just shoot every time it gets set up – not the way today’s players blocks shots – but getting too cute can be just as problematic.
One wrinkle we might see tomorrow is forward Steve Sullivan quarterbacking from the point.
“He distributes the puck well,” said Crosby, as per NHL.com, “so he brings all of that to the power play. He’s pretty familiar with that area.”
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 0
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 60
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)