Apr 12, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
With all of today’s talk about non-suspensions and cheeky tweets, here’s an actual hockey story about Pittsburgh’s power play.
Via CSNPhilly.com comes news that the Penguins will be making some adjustments after going 0-3 with the man advantage in last night’s 4-3 OT loss to the Flyers.
For starters, Sidney Crosby thinks the Pens need to take more time with the puck once they gain the attacking zone.
“We tried to get shots, which is a good mentality to have,” said Pens captain Sidney Crosby. “We probably could have been a bit more patient on the setup. It wasn’t for lack of effort. We had some bad entries, too.”
It’s always a challenge to balance patience and urgency on the power play. A team can’t just shoot every time it gets set up – not the way today’s players blocks shots – but getting too cute can be just as problematic.
One wrinkle we might see tomorrow is forward Steve Sullivan quarterbacking from the point.
“He distributes the puck well,” said Crosby, as per NHL.com, “so he brings all of that to the power play. He’s pretty familiar with that area.”
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 9
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)