Apr 12, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT
With all of today’s talk about non-suspensions and cheeky tweets, here’s an actual hockey story about Pittsburgh’s power play.
Via CSNPhilly.com comes news that the Penguins will be making some adjustments after going 0-3 with the man advantage in last night’s 4-3 OT loss to the Flyers.
For starters, Sidney Crosby thinks the Pens need to take more time with the puck once they gain the attacking zone.
“We tried to get shots, which is a good mentality to have,” said Pens captain Sidney Crosby. “We probably could have been a bit more patient on the setup. It wasn’t for lack of effort. We had some bad entries, too.”
It’s always a challenge to balance patience and urgency on the power play. A team can’t just shoot every time it gets set up – not the way today’s players blocks shots – but getting too cute can be just as problematic.
One wrinkle we might see tomorrow is forward Steve Sullivan quarterbacking from the point.
“He distributes the puck well,” said Crosby, as per NHL.com, “so he brings all of that to the power play. He’s pretty familiar with that area.”
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63