Apr 12, 2012, 5:36 PM EDT
As if booing the Leafs at the Air Canada Centre didn’t satisfy angry Toronto sports fans, now the Leafs are getting booed at baseball games.
Joffrey Lupul attended yesterday’s Blue Jays game at the Rogers Centre, and when his face was shown on the scoreboard, the boos followed.
From the Toronto Star:
You wouldn’t call these lusty boos. More like smitten boos, or perfunctory boos.
But they were boos, and they were widespread.
To his credit, Lupul had some fun with what had to be an embarrassing moment, tweeting, “Just gonna watch The Jay’s games on TV from here on in. Tough crowd! Felt like I was back in Ottawa. #BOOOOPUL”
We’d recommend the Leafs don’t attend any Argonauts games this summer either, but nobody attends Argonauts games.
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 3
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 45
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 81
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 112
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1