Apr 12, 2012, 5:36 PM EDT
As if booing the Leafs at the Air Canada Centre didn’t satisfy angry Toronto sports fans, now the Leafs are getting booed at baseball games.
Joffrey Lupul attended yesterday’s Blue Jays game at the Rogers Centre, and when his face was shown on the scoreboard, the boos followed.
From the Toronto Star:
You wouldn’t call these lusty boos. More like smitten boos, or perfunctory boos.
But they were boos, and they were widespread.
To his credit, Lupul had some fun with what had to be an embarrassing moment, tweeting, “Just gonna watch The Jay’s games on TV from here on in. Tough crowd! Felt like I was back in Ottawa. #BOOOOPUL”
We’d recommend the Leafs don’t attend any Argonauts games this summer either, but nobody attends Argonauts games.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)