Apr 12, 2012, 5:36 PM EDT
As if booing the Leafs at the Air Canada Centre didn’t satisfy angry Toronto sports fans, now the Leafs are getting booed at baseball games.
Joffrey Lupul attended yesterday’s Blue Jays game at the Rogers Centre, and when his face was shown on the scoreboard, the boos followed.
From the Toronto Star:
You wouldn’t call these lusty boos. More like smitten boos, or perfunctory boos.
But they were boos, and they were widespread.
To his credit, Lupul had some fun with what had to be an embarrassing moment, tweeting, “Just gonna watch The Jay’s games on TV from here on in. Tough crowd! Felt like I was back in Ottawa. #BOOOOPUL”
We’d recommend the Leafs don’t attend any Argonauts games this summer either, but nobody attends Argonauts games.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)