Apr 12, 2012, 5:36 PM EST
As if booing the Leafs at the Air Canada Centre didn’t satisfy angry Toronto sports fans, now the Leafs are getting booed at baseball games.
Joffrey Lupul attended yesterday’s Blue Jays game at the Rogers Centre, and when his face was shown on the scoreboard, the boos followed.
From the Toronto Star:
You wouldn’t call these lusty boos. More like smitten boos, or perfunctory boos.
But they were boos, and they were widespread.
To his credit, Lupul had some fun with what had to be an embarrassing moment, tweeting, “Just gonna watch The Jay’s games on TV from here on in. Tough crowd! Felt like I was back in Ottawa. #BOOOOPUL”
We’d recommend the Leafs don’t attend any Argonauts games this summer either, but nobody attends Argonauts games.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)