Apr 12, 2012, 8:05 AM EDT
Do Canadians outside of British Columbia actively root against the Vancouver Canucks? The Los Angeles Kings apparently think so.
The Kings’ official twitter had this to say after their 4-2 victory over Vancouver in Game 1 of their first round series, “To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you’re welcome.”
Of course, that wasn’t the only tweet by Los Angeles last night that made waves. In response to what they felt was Ryan Kesler taking a dive, the Kings tweeted, “Richards and Kesler share words, looks like a gust of wind sent Kesler tumbling.”
Clearly, whoever is running the Kings’ social media efforts isn’t about to shy away from controversy in their efforts to promote and root for their team. Do you think they’re going too far in their comments, or is it fair game for a team’s official twitter feed to poke fun at or even outright mock their opponents during a playoff series?
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6