Apr 12, 2012, 8:05 AM EDT
Do Canadians outside of British Columbia actively root against the Vancouver Canucks? The Los Angeles Kings apparently think so.
The Kings’ official twitter had this to say after their 4-2 victory over Vancouver in Game 1 of their first round series, “To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you’re welcome.”
Of course, that wasn’t the only tweet by Los Angeles last night that made waves. In response to what they felt was Ryan Kesler taking a dive, the Kings tweeted, “Richards and Kesler share words, looks like a gust of wind sent Kesler tumbling.”
Clearly, whoever is running the Kings’ social media efforts isn’t about to shy away from controversy in their efforts to promote and root for their team. Do you think they’re going too far in their comments, or is it fair game for a team’s official twitter feed to poke fun at or even outright mock their opponents during a playoff series?
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39