Apr 12, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
It sounds like the Los Angeles Kings aren’t too happy with whoever was responsible for last night’s tweeting from the official club Twitter account.
From the Globe and Mail:
Mike Altieri, the Kings’ vice-president, communications and content, did not go into details about the matter. But he said in an e-mail message “we are addressing” the situation.
The most contentious tweet followed LA’s 4-2 victory in Vancouver that read, “To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you’re welcome.”
Upon further review, perhaps the Kings didn’t feel those were appropriate comments for their official Twitter feed to make.
Or, perhaps they didn’t feel they should be making them after Game 1 when they haven’t won a playoff series since 2001.
We’ll see if a retraction from the Kings is forthcoming or if they stand by them. Because let’s be honest, a lot of Canadians want the Canucks to lose and Kesler was embellishing last night.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 3
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)