Apr 12, 2012, 12:48 PM EST
It sounds like the Los Angeles Kings aren’t too happy with whoever was responsible for last night’s tweeting from the official club Twitter account.
From the Globe and Mail:
Mike Altieri, the Kings’ vice-president, communications and content, did not go into details about the matter. But he said in an e-mail message “we are addressing” the situation.
The most contentious tweet followed LA’s 4-2 victory in Vancouver that read, “To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you’re welcome.”
Upon further review, perhaps the Kings didn’t feel those were appropriate comments for their official Twitter feed to make.
Or, perhaps they didn’t feel they should be making them after Game 1 when they haven’t won a playoff series since 2001.
We’ll see if a retraction from the Kings is forthcoming or if they stand by them. Because let’s be honest, a lot of Canadians want the Canucks to lose and Kesler was embellishing last night.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12