Apr 12, 2012, 12:13 AM EST
If you’re a Pittsburgh Penguins partisan, chances are you’re quite bummed out right now. The hated Philadelphia Flyers came back from a 3-0 deficit to win Game 1 by a 4-3 score in overtime, with villains such as Jaromir Jagr and Danny Briere heavily involved. If you need a really specific stat to hang your hat on, how about this one from Elias Sports Bureau via ESPN Stats & Info:
According to Elias, the Flyers are just the third NHL team to come back from a three-goal deficit in a road Game 1 since 1985. The other two teams lost their series.
So, cheer up Penguins fans. This isn’t Keith Primeau scoring in five bajillionth overtime revisited. If (very specific) history repeats itself, Pittsburgh will shake this off and advance to the second round.
Hey, it’s better than nothing, right? Right?
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)