Apr 12, 2012, 11:09 AM EDT
Through 515 career games, former NHLer Andre Roy picked his fair share of fights — he racked up 1169 PIM and once fought 17 times in a single season.
Now, Roy is picking another kind of fight — but this time it’s on the Twitter machine.
The former Ottawa Senator and occasional RDS contributor decided to stir the pot on Wednesday by sending out this tweet to the masses:
Roy’s affinity for the Sens is understandable, as he spent tw0-and-a-half seasons in the Canadian capital, scoring his first goal and playing his first postseason game there.
But his issues with the Rangers are strange, especially given his ties to John Tortorella.
Torts used the “one-dimensional battleship” (term coined by Dean Lombardi) extensively throughout the Lightning’s 2004 Stanley Cup, playing Roy in 21 of 23 games, to which Roy responded by scoring his first and only playoff goal.
Of course, Torts and Roy didn’t always get along…
Don’t think it was long after that the throat slash gesture was run out of hockey.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5