Apr 12, 2012, 11:09 AM EDT
Through 515 career games, former NHLer Andre Roy picked his fair share of fights — he racked up 1169 PIM and once fought 17 times in a single season.
Now, Roy is picking another kind of fight — but this time it’s on the Twitter machine.
The former Ottawa Senator and occasional RDS contributor decided to stir the pot on Wednesday by sending out this tweet to the masses:
Roy’s affinity for the Sens is understandable, as he spent tw0-and-a-half seasons in the Canadian capital, scoring his first goal and playing his first postseason game there.
But his issues with the Rangers are strange, especially given his ties to John Tortorella.
Torts used the “one-dimensional battleship” (term coined by Dean Lombardi) extensively throughout the Lightning’s 2004 Stanley Cup, playing Roy in 21 of 23 games, to which Roy responded by scoring his first and only playoff goal.
Of course, Torts and Roy didn’t always get along…
Don’t think it was long after that the throat slash gesture was run out of hockey.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)