Apr 12, 2012, 11:09 AM EDT
Through 515 career games, former NHLer Andre Roy picked his fair share of fights — he racked up 1169 PIM and once fought 17 times in a single season.
Now, Roy is picking another kind of fight — but this time it’s on the Twitter machine.
The former Ottawa Senator and occasional RDS contributor decided to stir the pot on Wednesday by sending out this tweet to the masses:
Roy’s affinity for the Sens is understandable, as he spent tw0-and-a-half seasons in the Canadian capital, scoring his first goal and playing his first postseason game there.
But his issues with the Rangers are strange, especially given his ties to John Tortorella.
Torts used the “one-dimensional battleship” (term coined by Dean Lombardi) extensively throughout the Lightning’s 2004 Stanley Cup, playing Roy in 21 of 23 games, to which Roy responded by scoring his first and only playoff goal.
Of course, Torts and Roy didn’t always get along…
Don’t think it was long after that the throat slash gesture was run out of hockey.
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 0
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 17
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 22
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 72
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 23
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 57
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (74)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car