Apr 12, 2012, 11:09 AM EDT
Through 515 career games, former NHLer Andre Roy picked his fair share of fights — he racked up 1169 PIM and once fought 17 times in a single season.
Now, Roy is picking another kind of fight — but this time it’s on the Twitter machine.
The former Ottawa Senator and occasional RDS contributor decided to stir the pot on Wednesday by sending out this tweet to the masses:
Roy’s affinity for the Sens is understandable, as he spent tw0-and-a-half seasons in the Canadian capital, scoring his first goal and playing his first postseason game there.
But his issues with the Rangers are strange, especially given his ties to John Tortorella.
Torts used the “one-dimensional battleship” (term coined by Dean Lombardi) extensively throughout the Lightning’s 2004 Stanley Cup, playing Roy in 21 of 23 games, to which Roy responded by scoring his first and only playoff goal.
Of course, Torts and Roy didn’t always get along…
Don’t think it was long after that the throat slash gesture was run out of hockey.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 18
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 17
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 41
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 119
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7