Apr 12, 2012, 12:38 PM EST
CSN Philadelphia’s Tim Panaccio caught up with Flyers owner Ed Snider moments after his team completed a stirring 4-3 comeback win in overtime against Pittsburgh on Wednesday.
Heading down to the Flyers locker room following the Game 1 victory, Snider took a moment to share his thoughts on the game, which included this exchange:
The Flyers are now 6-1 lifetime against the Penguins in their new digs [CONSOL Energy Center]. There is no other modern arena in the NHL right now where Snider’s Flyers have enjoyed that kind of success — a .857 winning percentage — in its first two years of operation.
You wonder if Peter Laviolette’s club has gotten into the Penguins’ heads about playing them on their own ice.
“Oh yeah, exactly, it’s got to,” Snider said. “Holy cow!”
What’s remarkable about the Flyers’ success in Pittsburgh is the manner in which they’re achieving it.
On Dec. 29, they rallied from a 1-0 deficit to win 4-2. On Apr. 2, they fell behind 2-0, then scored four consecutive goals en route to a 6-4 victory. Last night, they fell behind 3-0 before completing one of the greatest playoff comebacks in franchise history.
Snider wasn’t the only Philadelphia native fired up about the Game 1 win. Check out the scene at XFinity Live! after Brayden Schenn tied it up in the third period…then after Jakub Voracek tucked home the game-winner:
/waits to get slaughtered by Penguins fans in the comments section
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 4
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 25
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27