Apr 12, 2012, 12:38 PM EDT
CSN Philadelphia’s Tim Panaccio caught up with Flyers owner Ed Snider moments after his team completed a stirring 4-3 comeback win in overtime against Pittsburgh on Wednesday.
Heading down to the Flyers locker room following the Game 1 victory, Snider took a moment to share his thoughts on the game, which included this exchange:
The Flyers are now 6-1 lifetime against the Penguins in their new digs [CONSOL Energy Center]. There is no other modern arena in the NHL right now where Snider’s Flyers have enjoyed that kind of success — a .857 winning percentage — in its first two years of operation.
You wonder if Peter Laviolette’s club has gotten into the Penguins’ heads about playing them on their own ice.
“Oh yeah, exactly, it’s got to,” Snider said. “Holy cow!”
What’s remarkable about the Flyers’ success in Pittsburgh is the manner in which they’re achieving it.
On Dec. 29, they rallied from a 1-0 deficit to win 4-2. On Apr. 2, they fell behind 2-0, then scored four consecutive goals en route to a 6-4 victory. Last night, they fell behind 3-0 before completing one of the greatest playoff comebacks in franchise history.
Snider wasn’t the only Philadelphia native fired up about the Game 1 win. Check out the scene at XFinity Live! after Brayden Schenn tied it up in the third period…then after Jakub Voracek tucked home the game-winner:
/waits to get slaughtered by Penguins fans in the comments section
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)