Apr 12, 2012, 12:38 PM EDT
CSN Philadelphia’s Tim Panaccio caught up with Flyers owner Ed Snider moments after his team completed a stirring 4-3 comeback win in overtime against Pittsburgh on Wednesday.
Heading down to the Flyers locker room following the Game 1 victory, Snider took a moment to share his thoughts on the game, which included this exchange:
The Flyers are now 6-1 lifetime against the Penguins in their new digs [CONSOL Energy Center]. There is no other modern arena in the NHL right now where Snider’s Flyers have enjoyed that kind of success — a .857 winning percentage — in its first two years of operation.
You wonder if Peter Laviolette’s club has gotten into the Penguins’ heads about playing them on their own ice.
“Oh yeah, exactly, it’s got to,” Snider said. “Holy cow!”
What’s remarkable about the Flyers’ success in Pittsburgh is the manner in which they’re achieving it.
On Dec. 29, they rallied from a 1-0 deficit to win 4-2. On Apr. 2, they fell behind 2-0, then scored four consecutive goals en route to a 6-4 victory. Last night, they fell behind 3-0 before completing one of the greatest playoff comebacks in franchise history.
Snider wasn’t the only Philadelphia native fired up about the Game 1 win. Check out the scene at XFinity Live! after Brayden Schenn tied it up in the third period…then after Jakub Voracek tucked home the game-winner:
/waits to get slaughtered by Penguins fans in the comments section
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 66
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 32
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination