Apr 12, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT
Since we never hesitate to share stories about politicians on PHT so our readers can respectfully discuss the issues of the day in the comments section, the Associated Press is reporting that Canada’s top diplomat, John Baird, has made a friendly wager over the Senators-Rangers series with U.S. Secretary of State and former New York senator Hillary Clinton.
The stakes are pretty straightforward — if Ottawa wins, Clinton will have to wear a Sens jersey, and if New York wins, Baird has to wear Ranger blue.
Gotta say I was hoping for a more creative bet. Like if the Sens win, Canada gets Hawaii. And if the Rangers win, the U.S. gets some maple syrup.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming