Apr 12, 2012, 7:36 PM EDT
For a 39-year-old forward with plenty of notches on his belt like Mike Knuble, a playoff healthy scratch is probably a pretty sobering reality. That happens to be the case tonight as Stephen Whyno reports that the Washington Capitals are rolling with feisty winger Jay Beagle instead of Knuble.
Knuble has generated some of his career’s best work scoring the kind of “dirty” goals that are especially valuable in the playoffs. He had two tallies in six games last year and six points in the Capitals’ seven-game series against the Montreal Canadiens in 2010.
Unfortunately for the pending free agent, he’s fallen on hard times this season, which is spotlighted in pretty convincing fashion by his absence in Game 1.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 14
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 11
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)